Scramble

480-404-7264

6590 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA, 85253

Serves meat, vegan options available. Breakfast place. Many egg dishes but has a vegan menu with two vegan scrambles, one vegan burrito, and a vegan french toast dish. Vegan meals are prepared separately from meat/egg dishes and are served on plates to distinguish them from non-vegan dishes. Another location in downtown Phoenix. Free Wi-Fi, charging station. Open Mon-Sun 6:00am-2:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Tigra220

Pretty Nice Vegan Brekkie! - Edit

Super happy to see a breakfast place with some vegan options! (wish there was a bit more to choose from though) Today I ordered the vegan veggie scramble with a side of sweet potato hash and sourdough bread. The veggie scramble was actually pretty tasty and I added some siracha on top to give it a bit more spice! The sweet potato hash was nice as well but I'm not a huge sweet potato fan, if you are this is definitely for you! I also really enjoyed the sourdough bread. I added some vegan butter on top that came with the meal (smart balance buttery spread) and was really pleased with the taste! Pro tip: add the scramble onto the toast for extra yum! Overall if you're a vegan and going to get brekkie with an omnivore, this is a nice place to go.

Pros: fast service/kind staff, nice food, cool restaurant

Cons: wish there was more vegan options

OK not great - Edit

Nice to see vegan options on the menu. As I'm ordering, I see a sign on the wall, ALL CAPS about 12 inch letters: OUR BACON IS MEAT CANDY. Kind of soured my mood for food. The vegan scramble arrived lukewarm/cold, needed salt and pepper. Sweet potato hash was warm and tasty. Sourdough bread was OK, tried the Smart Balance vegan butter, but tasted like margarine, certainly not Earth Balance! Nice try Scramble, but this vegan felt Separate But Not Equal (unless of course the meat eaters get cold and bland food too).

Pros: several vegan options, well marked on the menu, soy milk for coffee

Cons: bland flavor, served cold, noisy

First and Last Time Here - Edit

I came here specifically to try the vegan French toast which was okay. 3 pieces of French bread but it was cold in the middle. I also ordered a side salad that came with cheese and I had to send it back.
Then my boyfriend who ordered a scramble dish found a hair cooked into his meal. The manager refunded it but didn't seem surprised or apologetic.

Pros: Vegan menu , ambiance

Cons: Hair cooked in food , Side salad was just iceberg lettuce

Decent Vegan Breakfast - Edit

This was my first Scramble visit (I've never been to their downtown location). It was easy to find from N Scottsdale Rd. It shares a parking lot with a few other establishments, so unless you go early morning (like I did), when the other stores are all closed, I can see parking being a problem.

I ordered the vegan french toast w/ a side of fruit. The toast (which was sprinkled with powdered sugar) and syrup were very good together; I didn’t even need to add butter. (They have vegan butter.) It was sweet and tasty, but it wasn't amazing; it was just...good.

I also wanted to try one of their vegan scrambles, so I got the Soyrizo Vegan Burrito w/o the tortilla. I added spinach and red onions, and requested they make it extra spicy. The result was yum! (I've read that if you order as is, it's a little under-whelming and plain.) I tried the sweet potato hash for the side and it was ok. I'm not a big sweet potato fan, but others were raving about it so I thought I'd give it a try. I think if you love sweet potatoes, you'll really like it. Next time I'll get regular hash browns (the manager said they're also vegan).

Nice, clean, bright and airy restaurant with friendly and attentive employees. Reasonable prices: french toast was less than $8, and the vegan burrito was less than $9. There is a large patio for outdoor dining, which I’m sure will be booming come autumn.

Overall, a good option for vegans (especially in the Scottsdale area) going out for breakfast or brunch with non-vegans. Hopefully, they'll expand their vegan menu to include more vegan options in the future.

Pros: vegan section on their menu, friendly employees, nice clean restaurant

Cons: only 4 vegan options

Return to Scottsdale Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Scramble closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.