Scramble

• Veg-friendly
Contact 480-404-7264

6590 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA, 85253

Serves meat, vegan options available. Breakfast place. Many egg dishes but has a vegan menu with two vegan scrambles, one vegan burrito, and a vegan french toast dish. Vegan meals are prepared separately from meat/egg dishes and are served on plates to distinguish them from non-vegan dishes. Another location in downtown Phoenix. Free Wi-Fi, charging station.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Tigra220

Decent Vegan Breakfast - Edit

This was my first Scramble visit (I've never been to their downtown location). It was easy to find from N Scottsdale Rd. It shares a parking lot with a few other establishments, so unless you go early morning (like I did), when the other stores are all closed, I can see parking being a problem.

I ordered the vegan french toast w/ a side of fruit. The toast (which was sprinkled with powdered sugar) and syrup were very good together; I didn’t even need to add butter. (They have vegan butter.) It was sweet and tasty, but it wasn't amazing; it was just...good.

I also wanted to try one of their vegan scrambles, so I got the Soyrizo Vegan Burrito w/o the tortilla. I added spinach and red onions, and requested they make it extra spicy. The result was yum! (I've read that if you order as is, it's a little under-whelming and plain.) I tried the sweet potato hash for the side and it was ok. I'm not a big sweet potato fan, but others were raving about it so I thought I'd give it a try. I think if you love sweet potatoes, you'll really like it. Next time I'll get regular hash browns (the manager said they're also vegan).

Nice, clean, bright and airy restaurant with friendly and attentive employees. Reasonable prices: french toast was less than $8, and the vegan burrito was less than $9. There is a large patio for outdoor dining, which I’m sure will be booming come autumn.

Overall, a good option for vegans (especially in the Scottsdale area) going out for breakfast or brunch with non-vegans. Hopefully, they'll expand their vegan menu to include more vegan options in the future.

Pros: vegan section on their menu, friendly employees, nice clean restaurant

Cons: only 4 vegan options

Return to Scottsdale Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Scramble closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 816 times since Aug 2014.