Scottish Bakehouse

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers many vegetarian choices including a quinoa burger, a portabello wrap, vegetable stir fry with tofu, spicy peanut noodles with tofu, coconut tofu, kale sweet potato mash with black beans, and vegan bakery items.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, International, Organic, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by SqueakRedhorn

Not my Favorite - Edit

Yes this place did offer some vegan baked goods, and typically I love almost all vegan desserts I eat, but I couldn't even finish some of their Bakery items. They had about 5 different vegan desserts (all of which were cookies and bars). All the cookies were way to powdery, I felt like I was going to choke. However, I did not try any of their meals but I would stay away from the baked goods. To me it wasn't worth the 20 minute car ride. I recommend going into Edgartown and asking the chef to accommodate you at any restaurant.

Pros: vegan options

Cons: Bakery items

Best bet in area - Edit

Good variety - plenty of things to try. I live far away and only visited once - but it is the kind of place I would frequent if nearer to me. Basically take-out with reasonable waiting time for preparation. Servers are knowlegeable and friendly. Portions were ample.

Pros: Interesting variety, friendly staff, Generoius servings, Good value

Cons: Outside tables are by highway, No pleasant place to eat there

Return to Vineyard Haven Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Scottish Bakehouse closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 807 times since May 2012.