Schizandra

+52-9512425488

Geranios 100, Colonia Las Flores (at Prolongacion de Eucaliptos ), Oaxaca, Mexico, 68050

Reported to be all-vegan (please inquire to be sure). Has no sign on the front door. Friendly service. Affordable. Try the desserts. Open Mon-Fri 7:00am-6:00pm.

Categories: Vegan, Mexican, Gluten-free

First Review by earthville

So Great! - Edit

Very cute little restaurant. Staff were very helpful. Our waiter spoke English. We tried the burgers, a green juice, a ginger like juice, and an unfried taquito. Everything is fresh, healthy and inexpensive. The breakfast until two pm has the choices above-mentioned and others. After two pm, soups and a more extensive menu is available.

Great food, warm service, exceptional value - Edit

Schizandra offers what might the healthiest food in Oaxaca City, and fortunately not at the expense of flavor, which was great.

I was greeted with a warm welcome. There's no printed menu, but the server explained the options to me. I started with a fresh green juice and then followed with a tostado, which was deliciously flavorful and filling without being heavy (no doubt thanks in part to their practice of minimizing fats). For this I paid a grand total of 37 pesos, which makes Schizandra an outstanding value, especially considering the high quality.

The atmosphere is very relaxed, and there were only locals eating there during my visit.

They're also ecologically conscious, which is a big plus.

Schizandra is easily the best all-vegetarian option in town (as of December 2017), and I highly recommended it for vegans, vegetarians, health-conscious diners, and anyone looking for authentic local flavor.

Enjoy!

Pros: Great flavor and healthy, too, warm service and very low prices, ecologically conscious

Return to Oaxaca Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Schizandra closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.