Scheunecafe

( 1 review )
+49-3518026619

Alaunstraße 36-40, Dresden, Germany, 01099

This vegetarian cafe is part of the cultural centre Scheune. Serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and desserts, with a seasonal menu and weekly specials. Marks vegan items. Uses regional ingredients. Serves beer and wine and has a beer garden. Open Mon-Thu 11:30am-12:00pm, Fri-Sat 9:00am-12:00pm, Sun 9:00am-11:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International, Mediterranean, Fusion, German

1 Review

First Review by o0Carolyn0o

Not much vegan choice - Edit

The venue is really nice and cozy, but it's not very vegan friendly for a vegetarian place, imo. There is a vegan breakfast plate at least, but in the evening menu there's no vegan starter or dessert, which is too bad because it would be nice to grab a little something and a drink before a show in the club upstairs. I'll update my review and give more stars if at least a vegan dessert is added.

Pros: Nice venue, vegan breakfast, vegan choices clearly labeled

Cons: Not much overall vegan choice, No vegan dessert

2 Responses

scheunecafe 26 Aug 2017 - Hej Carolyn,

Thank you for your Feedback. We did not have the focus on vegan Foods. But we will improove us, when we update our Menu.

There are a lot of Meals that can easylier change into vegan meals.

f.e. the oriental breakfast - without halloumi

Starter
Hummus plate is allready vegan
Mixed Pakora without Paneer
Dal Soup

Desserts
there is a vegan dessert - raspberry-wassabi-sorbeit

Main dishes
Aloo Channa Masala
Mango Shahi Sabz
Vegetable Noodles without Cheese

Best Regards

o0Carolyn0o 10 Nov 2017 - Hey,

Thanks for replying. Glad to hear that more vegan dishes will be added! My review was based on what is standard for most vegetarian restaurants, where usually at least half of the menu is vegan. By dessert I meant an actual cake/proper dessert. I still really liked what I had, I was just disappointed to not have as big of a selection. Cheers!

Return to Dresden Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Scheunecafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.