Savory

• Vegan
Contact 49-6974223160

Burgfriedenstrasse 2, Frankfurt, Germany, 60489

Industrial style inspired vegan bistro. Offers an extensive breakfast from a British with baked beans or continental including cereal, fruit salad, bread, vegan cheese and sausage, jams, spreads, vegetables. Daily specials such as pizza, chili, soups, waffles. Regular menu items include a variety of sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs, and salads. Also you will find cupcakes and cakes in addition to smoothies, shakes, soft drinks, coffee and tea.

Category: Vegan, American, Pizza, Western, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by flightattendant

Friendly staff make for good food - Edit

The staff are very friendly, the burgers are great value, so were the desserts! Although the burger was a bit saucy it was still really tasty and it comes dosed with a load of guacamole mayo ketchup pickles lettuce and tomato. I would certainly go back, would love to try the breakfast this time.

Very tasty generous portions - Edit

Solidly in the tradition of faux meat, well done if you like that. The patty was of generous size, with a lot of 'fixings' including guacamole AND mayo and greens and tomato.
The green salad was also tasty and also had an avocado dressing, so the whole was a bit rich.

Pros: tasty, value for money

Cons: rich and heavy

Very good Burgers - Edit

Everytime when we eat at Savory i love to order a "Cheeseburger with all Extras". So then I become a delicious Burger with 3 different sauces, a lovely made salad with seeds and a bowle of coleslaw and chips. Pattys are not self made, but good.
Yummie cakes and a huge variety of drinks too.

Pros: price, nice athmosphere, friendly staff

Cons: no fries, only chips (like chio chips)

Best Vegan CheezBurger - Edit

The cheeseburger is very original and the "meat" was outstanding. I would love to know what they use, because it was a great taste and texture. The burger was big and hearty and super delicious!

Pros: Great vegan "junk food", Price, Original take on traditional food

Cons: Parking

Vegan food is not always healthy ;-) - Edit

But once in a while you want to go for burger or something awfully sweet. That is when I choose Savory.
All in all a good place for the fast food lover. Don't expect anything sophisticated raw or health-food!

Edit:
During my last visits, the staff was really nice, lovely, helpful. Upgrade to 5 stars.

Pros: Price to value, Nice interior, Authentic fast food flavour

Cons: Far out from the inner city, not organic

Klein aber fein! - Edit

Wirklich toll dort, kleiner beschaulicher Laden. Eher nichts um mal schick essen zu gehen aber das Essen ist sehr sehr gut!

Der Burger war klasse und der Salat war einer der besten, die ich seit langem hatte!

Pros: Das Essen

5 times @ Savory - Edit

Best Burgers in town, best hot dog. Great Location. Nice seating. Friendly staff. Loads of information about animal rights and vegan lifestyle.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday October 07, 2014

Pros: Nice seating, Tasty cakes / cupcakes

Cons: Tiny menu

Not enough bread and no cakes? - Surprise,surprise - Edit

We've been to the Savory 5 times since it has opened. First for breakfast. At this time, it was fairly new, there was no printed menu, so we had no clue what the breakfast consists of and how much it costs. When we got our breakfast (containing vegan cheese and "Aufschnitt" (vegan ham and salami)), we did not get enough bread to put the slices on, and when we asked, they said they are out of bread but they could pack us the cheese and ham for take away. Well, if we wanted to have breakfast at home, we would've stayed at home! We were a bit puzzled, since if they were really out of bread, they could've easily got some from the many shops in the neighbourhood, and even more so when we saw that other people were already getting their lunch - with toast and rolls (sandwiches)! So they DID have bread. We, however, had to eat our cheese and ham without any, which is not our concept of breakfast. When the bill came, we were surprised at how very expensive this "breakfast" was, and we even had to pay for the coffees separately! The next time, we tried to go for a piece of cake. We were surprised (again) they are closed on a Sunday afternoon, because this is the time when most people want to go for "cake and coffee". So we tried a Saturday. No cake left. We only had a coffee. We tried another Saturday, this time, quite early. No cake and no cupcake left, but we spoke to the girl at the counter, who PROMISED she will bring carrot cakes next Saturday and reserve them for us. When we showed up the following Saturday (and we don't live next door, by the way), she could not even remember having spoken to us, of course there were no carrot cakes, and she said we should really phone beforehand and reserve a table. For a cupcake? No thanks. This was the last time we tried, we were really fed up.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday July 23, 2014

Pros: Cute little interior

Cons: Closed on Sundays, Cakes always sold out, Poor breakfast

:( - Edit

I went together with a friend to the Savory. I can't understand why it has so many good responses until now. They have a little small range of food on the menue. We were really disappointed about that, because we went special with the train to the Savory, which is far away from Frankfurt centrum.
Beside the small range of food, the portions were really small. (Bad price-performance ratio) We spent over 20 Euro for food and still had to go with hungry feelings. The food was also not really hot. We were the only guests in this location and the 2 ladys observated us the whole time... Kind of scary. In addition to this, they were not really friendly. I really don't like to give negative responses to vegan places, but this really needs improvement.

Cons: Bad price-performance ratio, Cold food, Unfriendly staff

Vegan Fast Food - Edit

Nice place to have a vegan burger or hot dog. But I miss fries or other hot sides! The menu is a bit limited.
They also have breakfast, but not interesting enough to leave my couch on sunday mornings ;)
I haven't tried the sweets since they aren't delivered by the The Rebel Cakery (great vegan donuts!) anymore, so I can't say anything about these.

Pros: All vegan, Tasty burgers, Nice interior

Cons: Limited menu, A bit pricey

Cozy bistro - Edit

Very cozy interior. I had the burger which was really, really good. It came with chips but you can order it with a side salad, too, if you want (pay extra). Also had some chocolate cake which was delicious. Very friendly staff. I will definitely go again :).

Pros: Friendly staff, Cozy atmosphere, Yummy food

Cons: Small, Food selection could be bigger

Very delicious! - Edit

Very homy and delicious little bistro! I definately LOVE the hotdogs with onions, vegan cheese and vegan sausages...

Pros: Delicious, fair (low) prices, very homy

Cons: a bit small, opens too late, closes too early

Awesome! - Edit

Just dropped by at the opening party and I love the ambience. But it's a bit small. :( But maybe it'll grow soon...
The food is awesome! Tasty hotdogs, burgers, sweets etc.! This is vegan style! ;)

Pros: low prices, tasty, ambience

Cons: opening hours, small

THE place to be!!! - Edit

During your trip to Europe- don't miss to drop by Savory! Definately the most "special" place to be at.... Stylish, delicious, vegan... what else can one ask for? Won't regret ;-)

Pros: very special atmosphere, great staff, good value

savory, ausergewöhnliches Ambiente, klasse Essen - Edit

I've been there a view times and it's always been absolutely delicious. The burger is sensational and the hot dogs as well as the sandwiches are great. Sweets like cupcakes, Donuts and cakes are extremely yummi. Service can be improved, however the savory just opened 4 weeks ago and I'm sure the service will get up to speed soon.

Pros: Essen, Ambiente

Another cake place / Missed the vegan backgr. info - Edit

The place is brand new and the room (a few tables, counter is open bakery display) is very cozy. Service will improve over time, I'm sure. Cake was so-so (nice chocolaty cupcake but the icing was horrible), the small selection of lunch food not good. Salad was limp and greasy, the burger (no sides, just a patty with lots of sauce and a bun) tasted of tuna which is not to my taste. What I really did not like at all was that I felt babied - Asking what the patty was made of: wheat-based. More question brought no more answers, just staring. The neighboring table asked what the breakfast consists of: "Wurst, Kaese, Nutella". No information what these things are made of and since when is Nutella vegan??? - I don't know who they expect here but I would expect more qualified answers from the manager/waitress. Two more things: I did not like the resident dog running around all the food. Also, this place seems to be more cake-focused than lunch focused, and let's be honest: all three vegan places in Frankfurt are cake-focused? What we vegans need is a place where we can get lunch or dinner...

Pros: Existence, Ambiente

Cons: Ingredients not released, Lunch food not good

2 Responses

Return to Frankfurt Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Savory closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 7424 times since Nov 2012.