Savalas

Serves meat, vegan options available. Be warned that this is a steak house. That said, on the menu is a vegetarian section with a house-made patty that's vegan suitable. Staff will accommodate veg/vegan requests. Relaxed atmosphere. Open Mon-Fri 7:00am-9:00pm, Sat 8:00am-9:00pm, Sun 9:00am-8:00pm.

Categories: American, Italian, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by AlaskanVegan

Surprisingly good vegan food! - Edit

I had heard that Savala's has a good veggie burger, so I had to check it out. On the whole, I was pleasantly surprised: they offer not only a house-made vegan lentil patty for their burgers (which are not vegan but are veganizable and delicious), but they offer two more vegan entrees and a vegan soup in addition to the usual french fries and green salad. The staff was very happy to accommodate requests for vegan food and had tried the vegan meals before so they knew what they were serving.

I was very happy to have found this place, even if it is a steakhouse.

Pros: More than one vegan option, Staff happy to accommodate veg requests, Good drink specials

Cons: Is a steakhouse

Friendly staff very willing to accommodate - Edit

We stopped here because there was no where else open (I think it was christmas eve) and my husband eats meat so I figured I'd just watch him eat. Well they had their own house made vegan burger (they don't list it as vegan-just vegetarian but I asked our server and she talked to the kitchen). They were extremely friendly about me asking about vegan options and then when we heard our server talking to the kitchen about my order they were very positive with their comments (not annoyed that they were having to accommodate a vegan:). Yes, they do serve all kinds of meat including veal, but I figure what better place for vegans to go than a steakhouse serving veal, we can change which burger makes them the most money:)

Pros: house made vegan burger patty, very friendly, great atmosphere

Cons: serves meat including veal

Return to Quesnel Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Savalas closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.