Saute

470 North Bridge Rd Bugis Cube #02-08, Central Singapore, Singapore, 188735

素特 opened Apr 2016 serving spaghetti, burger, pasta, pizza, chicken rice, baked curry rendang rice, and nasi lemak. No garlic or onion. Last order 8:15pm. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm. Last orders at 8.15pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, Western, Take-out, Asian, Catering

First Review by LiQi

Vegan Orh Luak - Edit

Sauté was my first restaurant where I had vegan orh luak (omelette) after I turned vegan few months. It certainly had satisfied my craving for orh luak.

However, the vegan orh luak just didn’t taste right during my recent visit. I’m not sure what’s the reason. Perhaps the chef was not in the mood. Anyway I will definitely go down for another visit again :)

Overall the restaurant is worth of visiting as the server can guide you in the vegan choice :)

Best Orh Luak at Bugis - Edit

Yes, it has to be the Orh Luak! I personally think the Orh Luak is better than Loving Hut and Yuan Bistro, but don't eat it so often lah, if not later you will puh zuak (become too heaty). I also like how they prepare the hash brown nuggets. The Owners have also indicated the vegan options very clearly, ever since they have opened. Highly recommended if you are around the area. Vegans are really spoilt for choice around the Bugis area.

Updated from previous review on 2018-02-20

Pros: Best Orh Luak, Good Location, Good Food

Not worth a "special" visit - Edit

The food taste and quality is at most average but in our opinion overpriced with insufficient ingredients in high carbo mix. For example; our burger comes with huge buns and thick tomatoes but the mushroom patties is very very thin and we can hardly taste the patties. As for the orh luak we ordered, the flour is very thick.
In my opinion, It's not worth our time just to travel to patronise which i did and i regretted since I have no other plans in bugis except eating. It's also not worth our bucks since the food taste very average and due to the high carbs low quality and quantity ingredients ratio, we ended up not satisfied after paying so much and just carbs full. If you are a tourist, my personal advice is to skip this in bugis if you need to heavily adjust your itinerary planning just to dine here since there are too many better vegan or vegetarian choices in the nearby fortune center.
If you just need veg food in bugis and find saute too expensive for your pocket to handle, i will recommend a visit to fortune center. there are many vegetarian food eateries at great value. Or one highly recommended one will be herbivore also in level one.

Please note that this review is made based on my genuine personal experience as a walk in customer.

Updated from previous review on 2018-01-01

Pros: The set up is cozy

Cons: Not value for money at a high price tag, Customer service needs further improvements , Nothing special about taste of food

mediocre burgers - Edit

Extensive menu, but a lot with dairy in it. All dishes are well presented and look appetising. We only tried the burgers and they were nothing to shout about. Drowned in mayonnaise and lacked in seasoning.

Yummy waffles! - Edit

Crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside :) superb with their home made ice cream! It's one of my cravings!

I also enjoyed the salted egg pizza!

Service staff very friendly too :) the 70 year old uncle who is working there is such an inspiration! He's a happy uncle, always smiling!

My husband who's non-vegetarian also loves the food here :)

Return to Central Singapore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Saute closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.