Saudavel

Calle 4A, No 22-47 (at Carrera 22), Manizales, Colombia

Attractive, small vegetarian restaurant located near the Ecoparque Alcazares and the Plaza de Toros. Has a meal of the day, plus fast food options. You can ask for vegan versions of the food, but already-prepared items likely are not vegan. Open Tue-Sun 12:00pm-2:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, International

First Review by maynard7

Good food, and open Sunday - Edit

This is a nice vegetarian restaurant located in the Alcázares neighborhood. You'll need to take a bus or taxi to the restaurant as it's not exactly convenient to the center of town. I went there on a Thursday and Sunday in February 2017. They have a lunch of the day plus they also seem to have vegetarian lasagna that they can also serve if you don't want that day's lunch special.

When I went on Thursday the portions were huge and I almost couldn't finish the lunch. When I went back on Sunday the portions were more of a normal size. I would get there no later than 1 o'clock on Sunday if you want to get a seat because the place gets very busy.

The lunch of the day includes a choice of two different soups and then the main plate and a small dessert and a juice based drink. They also offer coffee or aromática after the lunch. All this for ten thousand pesos as of February 2017. I only had time enough to go twice while I was in town and the meals were surprisingly similar on both days. I didn't have a chance to try it a third time to see if there was more variety in the meals but both times I went the main plate included rice mixed with beans or vegetables, a salad made with cubes of mango and raisins plus some breaded and fried mushrooms. I was surprised that the meals were so much alike and hopefully they have more variety most of the time.

Most of the food on the plate was actually vegan. He asked me if I wanted them to put cream in my soup on Sunday and he asked if I wanted cheese in my tomato soup on Thursday. On Sunday's meal there was a small hard-boiled quail egg on the salad. But they seem to understand what vegan is and you can request no animal products.

The food was good and I would go back if I'm Manizales. The service is friendly.

Pros: Good flavors, Good portion sizes, Good value

Cons: Location not convenient for typical tourists, Repetition of meal components on Thursday & Sunday

Return to Manizales Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Saudavel closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.