Sattva 2

Contact 011-43745125

Montevideo 372, Buenos Aires, Argentina,

Centrally located vegetarian restaurant. This is the newer of two restaurants. Open Mon-Sun 12:00am-1:00am, Mon-Fri 12:00pm-4:00pm, Mon-Sun 8:00pm-12:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Delivery, Fusion, Argentinian, Latin American

First Review by CLRtraveller

Crazy on the sauce, also too much cheese or tofu - Edit

As many others have said before, this place is OK. The atmosphere is lovely, I love the style of the place, very Buenos Aires, not the typical hipster vegetarian restaurant.

The food, even though the portions were big and the prices were nice, it just didn't have enough taste. My grandpa ordered some pasta with sauce and it was basically just a sauce soup with some pasta - he had to tell them to please reduce the sauce because he just couldn't eat all that.

My boyfriend had the whole pumpkin cannelloni with mushrooms and pomodoro sauce, which - again - too much sauce! the cannelloni were not good either. Don't know what they tried to do there, but it was a mess.

Also, if it isn't cheese, there's tofu. And this time they didn't have tofu, so I was left with very little options. They gave me grilled veggies with a salad - bland, nothing I couldn't have made home.

Anyways, I really hope they do something with the food they're serving there, because the place is so beautiful and cosy, I would hate to see it go down.

Pros: Beautiful place, Friendly service, Big portions

Cons: Bland food, Too heavy on the sauces, A lot of dairy

Vegan Options Dinner Only - Edit

Lovely place but not much English to establish that there were no vegan options for lunch. The menu does not indicate status, nor does the specials board.

They had 2 options for dinner.

maynard7 04 Jan 2017 - I went today January 4, 2017 and they had vegan options at lunch. The only difference between the meal is that the vegan choice used cubed tofu, and the vegetarian choice was cubed cheese.

Worst vegan experience in buenos aires - Edit

Vegan food it isnt vegan, has cheese and eggs. This people didn't care anything about veganism and basic work ethics

2 Responses

BrunoPadilha 09 Jul 2016 - Wow I'm really surprised with your comment. In my opinion, this is the BEST vegan restaurant in BsAs.

How did you find out they put cheese and eggs on vegan meals? I ate there a lot when I was travelling in Argentina, and the staff seemed really aware of veganism.

I'm not saying you're lying, I'm just really surprised and even concerned.

maynard7 04 Jan 2017 - I'm surprised too. The waitress was telling me the choice for the lunch of the day, and she told me which items were vegan before I had a chance to ask. There were no dairy or eggs in what I ordered.. I though the food was good.

Lovely Oasis in Crowded City - Edit

Comfortable, inexpensive vegetarian restaurant in the heart of Buenos Aires. Frequented by busy city people/locals who apparently choose to eat veg in a city known for meat. Portions are ample and oriented both to health and flavor. Nice presentation and friendly service. Nice mix of salads and hot entrees, with specials of the day.

Pros: Central location, Healthy but flavorful, Good portions

Cons: Seasoning is mild, Busy

Mmm... Not what I expected... - Edit

We went on our first night in Buenos Aires, on sunday, when many of the places on Happy Cow are closed, and this was the closest to our hotel, so, we went.
I ordered beet gnocci with pesto (only olive oil, garlic and parsley) and my mum, grilled polenta with vegetables and salad, I was exited for the gnocci, only have had potato ones in the past, when the food arrived, it had soooo much oil, like 50% or more of the pesto was oil, which covered the food and the flavors, you could see a pool of oil on the bottom of the plate... It wasn't bad, but half way through I felt I had a rock in my stomach. Mt mum's food was heavy on the oil too, couldn't really taste the vegetables. All that was agraviated by the fact that I am a HCLF, I was ready to hace oil, but this was overwealming for anyone.
The Hood thing was a vegan beet mayo they gave us with some bread slices, which sadly were a but dry, as am apetizer.

Pros: Ubucation., Juices, Food presentation

Cons: The amounts of oil on the food., Menu doesn't say which options are vegan

GREAT FOOD: breakfast, lunch, dinner. - Edit

This is a great place. Beautiful scenario, friendly staff, not too bright.. I used to have breakfast here everyday.

Their almond milk strawberry shake (liquado de frutilla) is a heavenly drink, and they also have a lot of cool sandwiches.

There's nothing expensive here, and it gets even cheaper if you're a foreigner.

If you are a vegetarian in Buenos Aires, you have to visit this place.

Pros: Delicious food, Cosy, Cheap

Not incredible - Edit

At first I was very enthousiastic because of the nice place, the great menu offering a lot of vegan choices (a pity they are not signalled, as the gluten free are) and organic wines, and the very pretty dishes.
The atmosphere is cool, we were welcomed very warmly.

Though I have to say my dish was a bit disappointing - not super tasty tofu with somehow bland vegetables and almost unseasoned salad. My three friends were more satisfied with theirs, and I could try some tasty rice / mashroom casserole.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Nice dishes, big portions, Price

Cons: Not super tasty

Normal - Edit

Siempre hay mucha gente. Me molestó estar ahi y ver en la carta como ofrecen el queso de vaca o cabra y demás como si nada, creo que ir a restaurantes vegetarianos me pone de mal humor, sabiendo que podrian vender todo vegano y no lo hacen.
Te dan las opciones veganas de todo, las cosas que tienen miel te la sacan y si tiene queso, le ponen tofu.
Comi una hamburguesa con papas que no me gustó. No era espantoso pero no tenia gusto a nada.
Al jugo de naranja tuve que agregarle 10 sobres de azucar más o menos.

Pros: Linda decoración, Pleno centro

Cons: Siempre está lleno, No es vegano

Comida integral bien hecha - Edit

La comida integral suele ser de poco sabor pero en este sitio la hacen bien y atienden rápido, al estilo argentino. Me gustaron las empanaadas de seitan y las de tofu. La pizza esta buena pero necesitan mejorar el queso para la pizza.

Pros: comida integral sabrosa, atienden rápido, buen rollo

Cons: todo integral cansa un poco

Popular, tasty cafe - Edit

After seeing this busy cafe the night before we decided to dine in the following night as the menu was very appealing.
We were very happy to get our first dose of hommus in argentina, although a small portion it was very nice.
The tofu burger was very nice although could have done with some relish maybe but can't complain.
I ordered a grande vegan pizza with tofu, tomato and olives. I was feeling very hungry but the grande size surely was grand! Great to share. Very tasty pizza although not a fan of thick bases that are common in argentina but was very happy overall.
Enjoyed a nice bottle of wine.staff were helpful explaining the menu in english. Prices were reasonable.

Pros: vegan options, atmosphere

Cons: relish or sauces recommended for burgers and empan

First Vegan Experience in BA - Edit

Nice restaurant, friendly ladies as personal. Asked them for explaining which things at card are vegan, answered fast. Pretty tall portions as a main dish. Really good prices. Stylish arranged food. Healthy cooking. Dunno if menu cards r avaliable in english as well. Will come back! ;)

Pros: Cheap , Informed Service , Portion Size

Tranquil Healthy Oasis - Edit

First place we visited in the city, and how lucky we were. The service was friendly, the atmosphere peaceful, the food good, the prices fair. We. Had the lunch menu combo, four healthy homemade original main choices, fresh juices, and great coffee included. Deserts delicious too. We enjoyed our lunch and will return.
Updated from previous review on Thursday April 24, 2014

Pros: Atmosphere, Food, Price

Excellent place - Edit

This is restaurant is located just near Av. Corrientes, nearby those theaters passing the Obelisco.

The food is very good. I had a pair of quesadillas, served with an olive paté and a portion of salad - besides the couvert, which is basically bread with some vegan butter. The dish was just 50 pesos, which is cheap considering the crappy junk food served in the surroundings.

There is a variety of beers and organic wines. as well as natural juices, such as lemonade with ginger.

I would definitely come back again. A friend had a huge plate of pasta he couldn't eat it up because it was too much!! Maybe I'll try that again next time.

Pros: excellent food, good value, central location

Contributions +139

2 of same restaurants on same street - Edit

I visited here in may 2013 & it was closing but they sent me across the road to there other place which was more classy&had a slighly different menu. I told them i was vegan with no spanish so they tried there best to translate the menu&was very accomadating with adapting it to vegan for me. I ate there twice at night & ate at this place 2 or 3 times by day & night. The staff at this place were younger &had better english. The vegan pizza was great with tofu&hummus&wholewheat base&the vegan tofu&veg empanadas were great for take away on my long bus journey. These were the best restaurants in the city area

Pros: vegan friendly, spoke english, tasty healthy food

high-quality, fresh food - Edit

Sattva is located in the heart of the city and has very good vegetarian and vegan fare, with fresh, high-quality ingredients. At lunch they only had four options from which to choose, but I was delighted with my rice bowl (to which they let me add tofu for protein). The food was a bit bland, but very good on the whole.

Pros: fresh food, high-quality ingredients, centrally located

Cons: a bit bland

Really good food - Edit

Various vegan options, all organic and made at the moment (nothing frozen or pre made). It has wonderful juices and organic wines. Not that expensive for a great dinner.
Updated from previous review on Monday March 25, 2013

Pros: Very well-located, Super cozy, Tasty food

Cons: Chesse, milk and eggs, Takes a while for the food to be ready

OK - Edit

I used to love this place but the last few times I went there the food was nothing at all exciting, they also got my order wrong (I said no soy and what they put the most on my plate were soy sprouts), it was cold and the bathroom was dirty. There aren't that many veg options in BA unfortunately so if you're in downtown and hungry it's a stop. Don't expect anything amazing. They have a pizza place on the other side of the avenue which is zero cozy but if you just want to bite something then it might be a better idea to get a pizza (vegan options avail) or empanada. I've had it with Sattva, not going back.

Pros: Vegan Pizza on one of the two buildings, open late, vegan options

Cons: boring, dirty bathrooms, blah waitresses

Nice place for dinner - Edit

Good food in a nice enviroment, indian style. You can have a late dinner, since it's open until 01:00 am. It has a very good price, if you consider other vegetarian places open for dinner in BA. It is in downtown BA. Most of the dishes have a vegan option avaliable

Pros: Good money value, Good food, Good vegan options

Annoying staff - Edit

I only visited here for a drink (plus a bite of my friend's rather dry vegan apple cake) so I can't comment on the food. But I found the waitress who served us to be quite rude; I got the feeling she was trying to get rid of us, kept coming back for the bill when the cafe wasn't even closing. It was pretty annoying and I'm not sure if I'd go back to sample the food (especially after reading the other reviews posted here!)

Healthy and a Nice Change - Edit

Very nice little cafe serving large healthy meals for a very reasonable price. I had a beautiful taco filled with a combination of pulses,tomato and rice, accompanied by a salad and guacamole. For desert I had an apple pie made with a whole rice base instead of pastry. Juices are freshly made as well. Highly recommended for something healthy and unique.

Pros: Price, Healthy, Large portions

has potential - Edit

Sattva has potential to be a cool hangout: its designed like a cafe/ bar, and they have some good microbrew beers in there, which is a great change from quilmes.
Unfortunately the food is pretty bad. I went there twice, and I don't think I would try a third time. The first time I had their milanesa de soja sandwhich. The milanesa was as dry as the atacama. I dont't know why they insist on baking the milanesa de soja in all the veg places in argentina.. it doesnt work guys! Either fry it, or use tofu or something else. There was no sauce, just a smothering of half-cooked onions.
The second time, we had lunch specials. My girlfriend ate about 1/4 of hers. I tried to help her out, but it wasnt easy.

Pros: stylish design, in microcentro

Cons: poor food, average service

Good food, good price, good service - Edit

Sattva was the best non-buffet vege restaurant I went to in Buenos Aires. It had more of a cafe than restaurant feel to it. The menu had lots of options. I found the food to be a little bland at first, but then asked for some hot sauce. They brought one that was both spicy and tasty and I'm pretty sure homemade, so that improved the meal a lot. I would definitely go back and would recommend trying this place.

Horrible experience - Edit

I'd been looking forward to this place, as their menu is extensive and it's located a block from my girlfriend's apt. Unfortunately, it was one the worst dining experiences of my life and I'll never return. First the faina appetizer we ordered never arrived (but showed up on the bill.) Then, the server brought out the olive oil and vinegar dressing with my salad -- but the "balsamic" turned out to be soy sauce (the bottles are identical, and the server had mixed them up.) When I explained the mix-up, and that I couldn't eat a salad swimming in soy sauce, he refused to replace the dish, take it off the bill, or even apologize. Then, as if on cue, the diners at the table to our right suddenly screamed and leapt up -- a cockroach had crawled right onto the table and across the woman's menu.

Lanky 22 Feb 2013 - He didnt mix up the bottles.... in argentina and brazil they put soy sauce on salads... its horrible. It happened to me many times that i put soy on my salad thinging it was vinegar. In Brazil, the give you olive oil and soy sauce when you order pizza, and they're smothering the pizza with it. Craziness.

Good Vegan Options - Edit

Traveling around Argentina as a vegan you eat alot of "pizza sin queso." However, Sattva has thoughtful vegan pizza's that take the cake (and vegan cheese!). Their salads are also delightful. Really good veggie food that is not dairy & egg centric, in a country where that tends to be the case when you see "vegetarian"

Pros: pizza, helpful staff, vegan friendly

Two Strikes - Edit

I travel to Buenos Aires frequently with work. My expectations of great vegetarian food are lower in Argentina than in most other places, given it's status as the Carne Capital of the World. I have been to Sattva twice and I have to say that it is consistent -- the bad service tends to negate whatever good karma the food might provide. I have been served by the same waiter both visits (several months apart). He has the world's worst personality -- you start to feel like you're not actually there. He makes it clear that he is not really interested in you or in serving you. I gave this place the benefit of the doubt last time but this time I say, "never again!" I think I'd almost rather eat meat than put myself through another meal at this place.

Pros: good karma food, cheap, large portions

Cons: disinterested staff, slow service

Sattva is an oasis of fabulous food - Edit

We spent a month in the beef-eating capital of the world and, as vegetarians were tiring of generic pasta and pizza. Then we discovered Sattva. I wish we had found it earlier. We had lunch there every day for 2 weeks and never tired of the menu. Some days we had dinner there too!

The place is packed and buzzing at lunchtime, so you may have to wait for a table. The menu is extensive and the food is well-priced and delicious. Look out for the weekly lunch specials which can be served with a daily juice, water and coffee for a special price. Great value.

The food at Sattva is fresh and delicious. They provide creative combinations of beans, grains and salads, all served with care and attention. The staff are fantastic, and are very patient with non-Spanish speakers such as myself.

Make a note of the address, mark it on a map and when you are tired of the chaos and smog of Buenos Aires, take a break at Sattva for lunch or dinner. The decor is eclectic, comfortable and interesting. We're missing it already.

Pros: Great food, Great service, Great decor

Not that friendly - Edit

If you are vegan the best thing you can do is going to another restaurant. I asked for the vegan dish and they gave me rice, bean and salad, and I payed 25 pesos for that, while in the menu there was lots of dishes with cheese reeeally cheaper.

I ate my 25 pesos food and payed for everybodies cheese. ¬¬

Cons: expensive, few vegan options

Good food and value - Edit

Bruschettas, soups, omelettes, burgers, Mexican dishes, pastas and sauces (pick one each from lists), pizzas, juices, teas, coffees, beer and wine. There's a good trio deal where you can choose a grain, cooked or raw vegetables, and beans, seitan or tofu for 20 pesos (US$5.55). Can add miso soup for 6 pesos (US$1.66). I chose brown rice, slivered sautéed vegetables (cabbage, carrots, zucchini, red cabbage) and beans (azuki that day). As a free starter they brought bread and a carrot-based spread. My total was a very inexpensive 51 pesos (US$14.15) for a beer, lunch plate, bancha tea and burger plate to take away.
Server could have been more smiling.
Open for lunch 12-4 pm and dinner from 8 pm. In between, they continue serving tea and coffee. Very busy 1-2 pm.

Pros: great value, lots of choices

Cons: server and host didn't smile

Return to Buenos Aires Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sattva 2 closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.