Satsuma Cafe

• Veg-friendly
Contact 504-304-5962

3218 Dauphine St, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, 70117

Serves meat, vegan options available. Funky hip coffee shop in the Bywater. Offers healthy breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner options. Has Wi-Fi.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Juice bar, Non-veg

First Review by nolaveggirl

Love it! Cute cafe with incredible cookies! - Edit

Satsuma cafe has a friendly and creative buzz. There are delicious sandwich and salad options for vegans. We ate here a few times, and even walked all the way from the Garden District. It is a really cute, creative, and unique place. And the chocolate-coconut-almond cookies we had were out of this world!

Pros: great vibe, delectable cookies, creative buzz

Perfect place to read, relax, meet, and eat! - Edit

I love coming to Satsuma for a coffee or freshly-squeezed juice (their 'Immune Booster' is my personal fave!) The staff are always smiley and cheerful, and the tofu/blackbean scramble never fails to satisfy. They even have Earth Balance to spread on their yummy toast! Come check out Satsuma!

Pros: Atmosphere, Food , Juice

Great neighborhood spot - Edit

I felt like I'd been transported to trendy Bushwick or Williamsburg in NYC, which could be good or bad depending on one's perspective. The tofu scramble was delicious, full of black beans and tofu, to power my afternoon bike ride. Soy milk for coffee obviously no problem. Prices comparable to NYC also; for us on vacation no problem. But if I lived there on a New Orleans salary I might hesitate. Also, one or two more vegan choices would be great! I counted one vegan breakfast option, one salad, and one sandwich.

Pros: tofu scramble, coffee

Cons: prices, thin on vegan options

thumbs up - Edit

The large coffee comes in an oversized mug and was overly superdelicious -- must have been the agave sweetener, yum. They had a special of a vegan portobello and spinach sandwich with pesto. It was soooo green and savory, my first thought was to wonder how long the specials last so that maybe I could come back tomorrow and order it again! The service was very fast (maybe the specials are ready to go). It's a hip place with art on the walls and a laid back atmosphere. Oh, also the sign outside is neato: black with orange transparent letters that reflect as you walk by.

Pros: high open ceiling, art on walls, on rt5 busline, few blocks from rt88 bus

Yummy Veggie Sandwich - Edit

I have enjoyed their veggie sandwich, which comes with locally grown, in-season veggies such as eggplant and squash. I asked for the vegan pesto and vegan cheese and it was delicious, albeit expensive-around $8 or $9. It does come with a fresh, delicious side salad though and they usually have vegan soup. Plan on staying for a little while-service can be slow so be patient. Cool little cafe.

Pros: Vegan Pesto, Vegan Cheese, Healthy

Cons: Slow, Expensive

Return to New Orleans Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Satsuma Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2280 times since Apr 2010.