Sattgruen - Hafen

Contact 0211-15923290

Bruckenstrasse 12, Dusseldorf, Germany, 40221

Part of restaurant chain. This location serves all vegan food as buffet, such as soups, pasta, salads, cakes and pastries. Drinks include organic and fair traded coffee and tea. Open Mon-Sat 12:00pm-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Western, Buffet, Salad bar, Take-out, German

First Review by Fevermarilyn

Delicious! - Edit

It's a buffet restaurant which is quite busy for lunch but more than worth it!

You get huge but cheap portions and can try everything!

The range of drinks is also big and the staff is super friendly!

Pros: friendly, cheap, delicious

Simply Amazing - Edit

I have been at Sattgrün multiple times now and it tastes just as awesome every time. The buffet has an overwhelmingly big offer ranging from basics like rice, potatoes and tofu up to complete dishes on its own, as well as various salads. The taste is amazing and a large plate will definitely fill you up, leaving you satisfied until the next day. For dessert, different, absolutely delicious, cakes are offered that come in big pieces. Plus the staff is very friendly. Go there now!

Pros: Taste, Price, Friendly staff

Cons: Sometimes very warm inside

traumhaft! - Edit

die Auswahl an speisen ist traumhaft- alles vegan. es gibt ein Buffet an dem man sich wahrhaftig laben kann. ich träume heute noch von dem Paprika geschnetzelten. War sicher nicht das letzte mal uns dafür komme ich gerne aus Wuppertal rüber.

Pros: tolle Auswahl!

Cons: keine kartenzahlung möglich gewesen

Good vegan buffet - Edit

This place was good for a visit after a long day. There was a good range of dishes available in the buffet though I felt many focussed on fake meat, the food was of a decent quality though. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I'd come again.

Pros: Good range of choices, Friendly staff

Late night dinner - Edit

The late opening hour was very handy to us when we were on a road trip. And not only did they have food at 10 pm but their full selection was available! Amazing! The food was of the usual Sattgruen quality however some things were a bit too salty for my girlfriend. They really made our evening tho.. Thanks! Btw they have plenty of seating inside and out. I can imagine this place to be great to hang out in good weather.

Pros: Open till late, Great food, Nice neighborhood

Really good!! - Edit

I visited this restaurant really late for lunch, like at 17hr and it was still open. Staff were super friendly and perfect english speakers.
Food was delicious and plenty of vegan options too choose from as a buffet.
Chai latte with oats milk was really good!
I will go back for sure!!

Pros: A lot of options to choose from the buff, Open late for lunch, Super friendly staff

Cons: No air con

Full of Greens - Edit

The other 2 locations were closed due to holiday. It's a buffet where you pay by the size of the plate. They also have soup. I got the largest plate under 11€ at this time and loaded it high with most everything. Everything was great I especially liked the Brussels sprout curry with bananas. There is a parking garage across the street and you can walk to the tower.

Pros: huge selection, fair trade and fresh

Cons: white rice not brown

good cakes - Edit

we had two delicious cakes (cocos and chocolate) and two good capuccinos, which they can prepare with either soy drink, soy drink vanilla, almond drink or rice drink.
we did'nt have main dishes, but they looked tasty as well.

Pros: good cake and coffee, nice staff

Excellent - Uitstekend! - Edit

I am a little late in writing this review (by a couple of years, alas), but this restaurant was so good when I visited Duesseldorf, I went back no fewer than 3 more times during my week-long stay! I could not really fault it at all. Vegan rhubarb crumble with vegan custard! What more can I say. Provided these standards have been maintained, I can recommend this place to all vegetarians, vegans and even those 'unbelieving' omnivores and carnivores. This is the kind of place you can take 'them' to to show them just how good meat-free food can be!

Pros: Very friendly staff, Excellent buffet lunch/dinner, Vegan custard!

We loved it! - Edit

We loved the place! The food was various and tasty. Staff is very friendly. The place is cozy.
We highly recommend this place.

The only thing that confused us was the price of 0.75l still water. It was something like 5 euros.
I don't know whether it was some famous water brand but we would like to have an option of buying usual water.

Pros: tasty various food, great vegan cakes, long working hours, friendly staff

Cons: still water costs 5 euro for 0.75l 8O

Fresh, tasty and always open - Edit

I love their food because they include lots of seasonal vegetables, have many different choices and their fake meat is good and not too meaty. Before choosing a soup, the customers may taste them. How cool is that?!? Their crumble (fruit changes according to season) is a must. I am so happy that they have recently changed their opening hours and that I can now go in the evening and on sundays too.

Return to Dusseldorf Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sattgruen - Hafen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2878 times since Aug 2013.