Saravanaa Bhavan

+46-87939333

Kista, Stockholm, Sweden, 164 42

International Indian vegetarian chain serving South Indian, North Indian, and Indo Chinese dishes. Vegan options marked on menu. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:30pm, Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Take-out, Indo-Chinese

First Review by virre

Excellent dosa - Edit

This area have been a black hole in vegan options for quite a while, there is some places where you can fix things but a clear vegetarian resturant is an amazing win and heavily requested as I had to both cue and share a table at 16 on a Sunday, however this was a few day after opening. I hope it will be more decent soon and the confusion lets go, things got to the wrong table and food took time etc. The menu was very clear on what was vegan and what could be vegan. I have not jet been here for lunch so I do not know if there buffet is as clear.

The food was excellent and to a good price, I had Rassam and Masala Dosa with a soft drink for a price which in the other places I had Dosa in town would not even covered that. And yes the Dosa was tasty enough and at least as good as the other ones I have had.

South Indian food is very uncommon in Stockholm so this is the real win, and why it's so filled with people. Also the personal did not speak Swedish but was of course excellent in English.

I will come back a lot as I work in the area, and I will recommend it to my friends.

edit: I now also tried the lunch offering., this is in addition to the a la carte menu options a serlf-serve buffet, this every time I gone there have had some vegan options. However these are not noted in anyway and I had to ask the staff, that is friendly if slightly annoyed at the question. There always been quite a few options and it's quite cheap.

Updated from previous review on 2017-12-04

Pros: Dosa, Good prices, Lot of options

Cons: Confused personel, Not enough tables

Perfect - Edit

Finally, I think we got a proper Indian restaurant in Stockholm. It makes me so happy! The most non-authentic thing was that the staff understood the order perfectly and got it all right. Can't wait to go back.

Pros: Cheap, Friendly, Nice atmosphere

Cons: Background music, Expensive beer, The salted lassi not very salty

Return to Stockholm Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Saravanaa Bhavan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.