CLOSED: Saravanaa Bhavan

407-704-5455

1187 Florida Mall Ave Ste 128, Orlando, Florida, USA, 32809

Open in February 2011, Saravanaa Bhavan is part of a global Indian vegetarian restaurant network. Features authentic vegetarian Indian cuisine with many vegan choices, including South Indian dishes. Dosas, utthapam (rice & lentil pancakes), and appetizers in addition to mixed rice dishes and house specialties. Modern atmosphere. Booth, table, and bar seating up to 125 persons. DEC 2012 REPORTED SHUT DOWN.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Beer/Wine

First Review by wendymerissa

This place is CLOSED & Locked - Edit

We were visiting Orlando/Daytona in FL and had craving for south Indian food. Found this on HappyCow search and drove there ... only to found this placed locked with chains and empty inside. Just want to ensure that others don't waste their time ...

Pros: CLOSED

Cons: LOCKEDOUT

Excellent - Edit

Wonderful place. Good food and Service.

Ok, I guess - Edit

Place was ok, I guess. More like a diner than an actual restaurant. The food was ok, I guess. The place was not all that nice.

Indian diner - Edit

The staff were friendly, but the interior and menu were not impressive. They lost their liquor license and do not have any wine or beer. The menu was 50 ways to cook lentils... there was no variety. Food was served on metal trays, like circa 1950 tv dinner. My beau and I were the only white patrons. We asked for mild and it was no where near mild. I suffered intestinal distress later that evening.

Pros: All vegetarian with vegan options, Free parking

Cons: No variety , Spicy food, No beer/wine

Great food including outstanding dosas & chutneys - Edit

I ordered the Onion Rava Masala Dosa and absolutely loved it! It had a great flavor and the accompanying curries and sambar were fabulous.

Pros: Taste, Decor

Cons: Lacking a bit in customer service

Spicy and good - Edit

Service here was great. Friendly, smiling faces were eager to greet my boyfriend and me. The dishes are far spicier than I am used to, as I frequent Bombay Cafe (across the street from Woodlands on OBT) and their food is milder with a nice kick. We ordered the $12+ "sampler" special which felt like a rip-off. Other veg. Indian joints would be charging $7 for this exact amount of food. Maybe it is more expensive because it's a large venue & right by the Florida Mall. :)

Pros: Delicious, All Veg, Friendly staff

Cons: Very spicy

Return to Orlando Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Saravanaa Bhavan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.