Saravanaa Bhavan

974-4437776

No 13, Street No 860, Al Mahar Street, Zone 6, Old Ghanem (at Behind Gold Souk), Doha, Qatar

Part of an international chain of Indian vegetarian restaurants serving South Indian cuisine. Offers plenty of vegan options. Family friendly. Has air conditioning. Often busy and lively so service can be slow. Open Mon-Wed 7:00am-11:00pm, Thu-Fri 7:00am-11:30pm, Sat-Sun 7:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Delivery, Indo-Chinese

First Review by lotustummy

OK place - Edit

Of course, this is a chain versus an individual restaurant. They have a large menu, though a lot of items have dairy, so vegans should inquire. Given the large Indian population in Qatar, I would've expected better, but this place will do if you're looking for vegetarian food.

Pros: Central Location, Large Menu, Good Masala Dosas

Cons: A Lot of Dairy, Very "Average" Indian Food

delicious South Indian food - Edit

We had a plain dosa and a rava dosa - both were fantastic. Their chutneys are delicious. We also took some dishes for take-away - aloo mattar and aloo gobi with naan. Bread was outstanding and the curries were good - not as good as the dosa in my mind. If you eat dairy, their curd vada was good and they are renown for their sweets ( too milky for me unfortunately). Several locations around the city - I have only been to this one. We will go back

Pros: good price, great South Indian dishes - idli, dosa, thali, lively atmosphere with happy eaters

Cons: slow. very slow. , parking can be difficult

Return to Doha Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Saravanaa Bhavan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.