First Review by samcamcan

Excellent value,authentic food - Edit

Went there for dinner after 9 p.m. The range of available dishes is amazing, Southern Indian dishes (which are hard to get in many Indian restaurants in Europe) are well-represented. Portions are well-sized and the food is really tasty. I do particularly recommend the idli, vada, utthapam and fake mutton & mushroom curry. The bhel puri is a bit small in size, so if you like this dish, better order two portions. They also have a nice variety of desserts, with vegan options available. My partner and I paid less than 100 RM for nine items plus two desserts plus soft drinks. The atmosphere is, as often in authentic Indian restaurants, rather canteen-style than restaurant-style. Highly recommendable.

Pros: both North and South Indian cuisine, open after 9 pm, tasty food, low prices

Great food, great value - Edit

I've eaten here several times now, its definitely one of many culinary highlights for me in KL.
At lunchtime they have an all-you-can-eat banana leaf service for like 10RM, they keep piling food on your leaf until you beg them to stop!
The Dosa are great, as is just about everything we've ever ordered there. Located in Little India, close to the night food market.

Pros: great food, good value

Cons: service isnt spectacular

good food, uncomfortable atmosphere - Edit

The food was very tasty but a little pricey for the portions. We ordered the executive lunch, 2 drinks and naan. We paid about the same as we had paid at similar restaurants but didn't feel satisfied after this meal. Also the server was very pushy.

Pros: tasty food

Cons: pushy server

Return to Kuala Lumpur Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Saravana Bhavan - Selangor Mansion closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 958 times since Aug 2007.