Saravana Bhavan

Contact 905-290-0769

4559 Hurontario St Blk A Unit 12B (at Mississauga Market Place, Hurontario Hwy 10 & Eglinton), Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, On L4Z 3l9

Indian restaurant specializing in vegetarian South Indian cuisine. Part of a international franchise. Meal platters, dosas, crepes, and sweets. Open .

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by stantoro

Delicious! Delicious! Delicious! - Edit

Absolutely LOVED the food! Authentic, delicious South-Indian cuisine, and very reasonably priced. I will definitely be going back! Only negative point was that it took a little while for the servers to realise we hadn't placed our order yet. As soon as we did, however, the food came out quickly. Tasty, fresh, and hot! Loved it! Thank you Saravana Bhavan!

Pros: Exceptional food

Cons: Wait for order to be taken, Lighting too bright

what a gem! - Edit

This food is delicious. Served fast food style on metal plates. utthappam with tomato and onion was excellent. Dont miss the mango lassy which is the best i have ever had. Dont bother with the tali-style platters though.

Pros: delicious food, friendly staff

Cons: cafeteria atmosphere

Excellent, exotic, and vegan-friendly - Edit

We went to this restaurant having never heard a thing about it. We were extremely impressed. I've been a fan of Indian food for close to twenty years, but I have never had Indian food like this before. So many of the dishes were new to me and they were all tasty. The server was knowledgeable and friendly. She happily explained the different dishes and was very willing to substitute vegan items for those which contain dairy.

The food was delicious, plentiful, and almost shockingly inexpensive. I had the combo platter (the dinner special), which came with rice, two papadums, two poori, and about eight small containers of various curries. I loved them all and had plenty left over to take home.

Even though its well out of our way, we will definitely go back to this restaurant.

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly staff, Large portions

Cons: Hard to tell what is vegan and what isn'

I agree with the first reviewer - Edit

I've eaten at other South Indian joints in Toronto and Mississauga, and this one is by far the tastiest and cleanest, too. They will happily substitute vegan items for vegetarian items wherever possible, which is a big plus. Most places just take them out and charge the same.

Excellent South Indian Food - Edit

Can't believe I'm the first one to write a review of this extraordinary South Indian place. The best South Indian I've had (and there's plenty of good stuff in and around Toronto). Everything is great: crispy dosa, idli, vada, and those fascinating condiments. All very fresh, and just spicy enough for my taste. Perfect for vegans: everything is cooked in oil, not ghee, and anything dairy is pretty obvious (raita, yogurt rice, curd, lassi, creamy desserts). The "tomato omelette" is made with chickpea flour, not eggs: try it and blow your mind. If you're not familiar with this type of food, this place will spoil you forever! Part of a chain that has branches around Toronto, Vancouver, NYC, Atlanta, and LA, and in UK, UAE, Oman, India, Malaysia, and Singapore.

Return to Mississauga Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Saravana Bhavan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2782 times since Aug 2007.