Saravana Bhavan

Contact 972-506-7755

8604 N MacArthur Blvd, Irving, Texas, USA, 75063

Vegetarian Indian restaurant that's part of a international franchise. Specializes in South Indian cuisine. Seats up 150. Open Tue-Fri 11:30am-2:00pm, Tue-Fri 5:30pm-10:00pm, Sat-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Take-out

First Review by HarelBen-nun

Bad experience - Edit

Very worst experience. Very worst service. There is no negative * option, minimum is 2, so 2*. Its not authentic taste especially Sambar and Chutney. not healthy over oily. I ordered Parrotta and asked small cup Raitha and I am asked to pay additional $1.50 for that.. Got shocked!!!. They are already charging high price compared to any Indian Restaurant (All other restaurant happily provided these sort of things. Never faced this sort of issues with any restaurant so far) . $1.50 is a small amount only. But after making such a high price they are over charging. that's really boiling. And the way they treated is bad. I know this is all because branding and people are accepting it.

Idly, vada is really small size and highly priced (compare price with any restaurant). I have seen restaurant in Irving area that they keep Sambar, several kinds of chutney outside to serve ourselves the quantity we need. Branding alone is not needed. Along with that we need quality food and quality service.

Pros: None

Cons: High Price, less quality, less quantity, Bad service

The Food is TOO SPICY - Edit

I have even complained to Mr Pandyan (manager in Irving) that the sambhar, rasam and chutney are too too spicy. I must have a glass of water after every sip of sambhar. On the other hand the same stuff in their restaurant branch in Houston is not at all spicy. I have even visited their restaurant in Chennai and the food is not at all spicy. Do not understand why the quality and consistency cannot be maintained in the Irving restaurant. I am afraid to visit the Irving restaurant. Never again until they stop serving too spicy stuff.

Pros: Good authentic South Indian food, Friendly Staff

Cons: Very Spicy Sambhar, Rasam and chutney, Friendly staff irrelevant, I cannot eat

perfect restaurant - Edit

Family owned. Part of a chain.
Great local South Indian food.
When you get inside you understand you chose well by the costumers sitting with you.
Will come back for sure!

Pros: prices, verity , special local food I even can't name

Cons: hard to understand for non Indy speakers..:)

Return to Irving Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Saravana Bhavan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2798 times since Jan 2013.