Saras

Contact 954-986-1770

3944 N 46th Ave (at Stirling Rd), Hollywood, Florida, USA, 33021

Serves meat, vegan options available. Aside from fish, the menu is vegetarian. Egg bun with cow cheese is served with most sandwich items, but vegans can ask for vegan bread and vegan cheese.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Take-out, Israeli, Kosher, Non-veg

First Review by A.Z.P.

Extensive vegan options - Edit

All of the "meats" are vegan. Vegan Cuban sandwiches, vegan tuna melt... The menu is extensive and everything is vegetarian. I had the Cuban sandwich and it was excellent.

It's a little pricey for diner-type food, but it's worth the price.

Hit or Miss - Edit

Saras is one of those restaurants where it totally depends on which servers working that will determine if you will have a pleasurable or unsatisfying experience. The owner is such a character! If you have time to go to Saras during the day when they are not so busy then he will usually come out and say hello to everyone and make sure they're enjoying their food. However, if you happen to go on a Saturday night after Shabbot and the little old woman is working then you might as well just go home. She has such a sassy attitude and always makes my friends and I feel unwelcome. The other two main servers on the other hand are awesome! The one guy is really friendly and talkative where as the other female server is more reserved but gives all customers the attention they need. The food can be really greasy on some days and not as bad on others. Almost every thing on the menu is delicious, except for the fake lamb pizza, that was the only let down.

Pros: variety , vegan options, best fake meat

Cons: slow service, old sassy server

Not so great - Edit

I will admit I haven't been here in years (b/c I don't like it) but I used to go often b/c it was the only veggie place that was close to my old apartment. It's edible (trust me I have had food that really wasn't) but its just not very enjoyable. But who knows...maybe it got better recently.

Food soooo good, but sarvice soooo bad! - Edit

For 15 years I've frequented Sara's restaurants, and this is truly their worst branch. The food in Sara's is spectacular. Its a time honored kosher vege haven. Their menu's more varied than any vege restaurant or diner you'll visit. The Pizza's incredible and comes with a variety of 27 toppings (my favorite's "pepercino"= vege pepperoni). My "Must-eat" here, is the schmopper (the best vege cheeseburger i've EVER eaten and almost worth a planefare to florida) and the Stuffed pepper's also really good. Unfortunately as amazing as the food is we've often left with a bad taste. The service here is nothing less than despicable! I once ate here with my grandma and while she ate they actually asked her to pick up her feet so they could mop underneath. They are beyond unaccommodating, after eating here almost daily for a week my mom requested fried onions on an entree (which it always used to come with) and was refused nastily, which almost turned into a full battle with the owner. At least twice i've seen customers leave amidst screaming matches with the staff. Eating in Sara's should be a joyful experience, there is a happy (although loud) atmosphere and some of the tastiest kosherveg food you'll ever eat. If you want a nice night out with the kids or just a great meal i highly recommend the Sara's in north miami or miami beach as 2 of my favorite restaurants. This place though, sadly gives you a sour experience.

Pros: Very varied menu, Super Tasty food, Fairly priced

Cons: Worst service ever, Unaccommodating, not health conscious

Return to Hollywood Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Saras closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1922 times since Aug 2007.