Saras

• Friend
  • Vegetarian
Contact 024018484

15 Sukhumvit Soi 20, Sukhumvit Rd (at near Windsor Hotel), Bangkok, Thailand, 10110

Saras, whose name stems from Sanskrit meaning "with juice," offers an extensive menu that encompasses 200+ dishes ranging from a cross-selection of Indian regional delicacies including Indian-Chinese and Thai vegetarian food. It's quick service style with Wi-Fi. Has another to-go outlet in Bangkok and a restaurant in Pattaya.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Thai, Fast food, Juice bar, Delivery, Catering

First Review by emsoprano

Impressive! - Edit

I found this restaurant by chance. Most of the customers are Hindi.
I can order in English although not every staff could speak English.
Every dish is great. There are both normal dish, set menu and dessert bar.

Pros: Variety list of menu, Great quantity of food

Saras - Bangkok - Edit

I stumbled on this place courtesy of happycow. Me and she were after some takeaway and the choice of Indian savouries on offer seemed perfect to fit the job - we ordered for and it cost 122 Thai baht. When we asked the guy behind the counter which of these were vegan friendly he said all of them. I also spoke with a friendly guy there who turned out to be the manager. He also referenced their vegan friendliness.

If I had time in BKK I'd hoover back here to check out a full sit down meal & amend my review accordingly. I probably won't have time...

Pros: Vegan friendly, Tasty & inexpensive

Good Meal - Edit

When we were planing our recent trip to Thailand we saw this place recommended on Happycow and thought to give it a go. We also made it out to Pattaya and ate at that Saras as well.

Both time we got combo platters with rice and curries plus a side of samosas. Yummy.

Popular with Indians - Edit

...so overall a good bet.
I have been a few times. The North Indian Thali is around 270 plus service charge, and I'd say a meal would set you back 300-400 which for me is on the slightly pricier side.
The food is good- the service ok.
Also check out vegetarian Indian options around Nana.

Pros: 100% veg, quality of food, wide range

Huge Variety - Edit

Great restaurant with HUGE variety. We didn't even know where to start with the ordering. Brought my family there (4 people total+ 2 kids) and we all ordered a different combo plate. 50% was great, 50% not to my taste. I know what I like there now, so will certainly go back. Prices very reasonable and nice atmosphere. Easy to find.

Pros: Inexpensive, Convenient Location, Great Variety

Cons: almost too much choice!

Good Choice - Edit

Very good choice of food in a nice atmosphere a bit off the main road away from the hub-bud that is Bangkok. It was quite busy the day we ate there with a mix of Westerners and Asians. My Thai dishes were a bit hot/spicy for me. We received table service but there seemed to be a take away set-up too.

lovely pure veg authentic Indian food - Edit

I found Saras accidentally (right behind the Rembrandt hotel in an ally behind Basilico Italian restaurant) and I walked in, not knowing it was all vegetarian, and the owner who was at the front desk asked me if I was vegetarian while I was looking over the menu, and I answered yes, and he had a great big smile on his face. The staff are all very helpful when it comes to explaining the menu items- there are SO many- from all over India, snaks, Chinese food (the kind of Chinese food you find in India, that is), and Thai dishes. I have been there twice now and had a very spicy paneer roti roll wrap as well as the Gujarati thali- which was amazing! The best and most authentic Indian food I've had since I was in India. Good pricecs- nothing more than 300 baht- the Thali was huge and was 275. They deliver as well and you can order online. Nice, clean atmosphere, mostly frequented by many Indian families.

Pros: flavorful, friendly staff, authentic Indian food

Return to Bangkok Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Saras closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 9537 times since Jun 2010.