CLOSED: Saran Indian Cuisine

Contact 703-533-3600

5157 N Lee Hwy, Arlington, Virginia, USA, 22207

Vegetarian Indian restaurant featuring a lunch buffet. Some dishes contain dairy - vegans to ask. 2015 CHANGED OWNERSHIP AND IS NO LONGER VEGETARIAN, COFIRMED VIA PHONE. Tue-Sun 11:30am-9:30pm

Category: Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Take-out, Catering

First Review by pheasance

Not Bad - Edit

This location serves descent Indian food. A nice location to go for an Indian vegetarian lunch buffet. I asked the staff to go over all of the vegan items with me on the bar, and they took their time to ensure I was aware what did/did not have dairy in it. As a side note, Myself, and my lunch companion were the only two folks in the restaurant during lunch that particular day/time, so I noticed that some of the items I selected didn't seem to be the "freshest," but outside of that, the staff was attentive, and we had a pleasant experience.

Pros: Not Bad, Indian Buffet, Vegan Options

dishes are made to order and unique - Edit

All vegetarian menu. Lots of delicious options. Friendly staff. Sometime service can be a little slow, but that's because it's a small family establishment and each dish is made to order. Worth the wait!

Pros: made to order dishes, tasty

Contributions +309

Great service - Edit

Don't let the unappealing facade of the strip mall scare you away from this Arlington gem. Once inside, Saran is impeccably clean with great food and a tremendous staff.

I had a grad school event, and went in at an odd hour to order 25 appetizers to go, requesting they cut them all into quarter pieces. They took the time to explain exactly which ones were vegan, and once the order was ready they cut everything, sealed it tightly, and packaged everything in a platter for me!

I have been back since, and the food is always spiced perfectly and great!

Pros: Great food, Nice spices, Staff bends over backwards for you

Tasty and affordable - Edit

I enjoyed a satisfying meal of soup and bread that was perfect for the cold evening. While the place wasn't fancy inside, I was pleased with the food and service. They had the largest selection of Indian beers I remembered seeing, and my tab was under $12 (including one of the aforementioned Indian beers). Other patrons were having the buffet, but it wasn't very well labeled, so I ordered from the menu.

Pros: great value, beer selection

Cons: minimal ambience

Return to Arlington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Saran Indian Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2346 times since Aug 2007.