First Review by RockabillyVego

Tasty And Cool - Edit

A few vegan options. Food was delicious--we had an eggplant lentil dish, and a vegetable coconut soup, and neither disappointed.

Service was a bit sluggish. Inside was beautiful and cosy, but where we sat outside was pretty cold.

But get a seat inside, or go in better weather, and I'd highly recommend.

Pros: Delicious, Inside Seating Great

Cons: Slow Service, Outside Seating Not Great

Sustainable Cafe - Edit

It was a hot today but the temperature was moderate enough to be pleasant. They don't serve all day brekky which was a shame and there appeared to be limited vegan options. I had a lentil and eggplant stack which was nice, the side salad was a bit rudimentary but the meal was tasty enough. Lovely setting, pricey meal.

Pros: Picturesque setting overlooking nursery, Quirky and cool decor, Tasty food

Cons: Expensive, Limited vegan options , No all day brekky

beautiful cafe - Edit

This is the perfect cafe to visit on a beautifully sunny day. The cafe is connected to the plant nursery and pet shop, so the atmosphere of sitting in the sun and looking out to the nursery is lovely (perfect time to look at the nursery is when your waiting for your meals to arrive).
The food is very nice here, I've been several times and its always delicious. It is a little pricey though, my meal today was $24 and I only drank water, yet although delicious it really wasn't a huge dish at all, and was only a very small side salad on the plate. But there is always the option of the soup for only $10 with a large roll, which is cheaper and you still get the same great seat in the sun :)

Pros: great atmosphere, quirky, delicious food

Cons: price

Good with a 'BUT'.... - Edit

My sister and I have eaten here many, many times and its good but there is something lacking.....the menu is limited and doesnt change - although the mushroom baguette is the BEST ever. However, since going vegan, there isnt much my sister and I can have here....
The pumpkin soup is to die for, and the veg lasagna is one of the best i have ever have, but again its not vegan friendly.
Service can be slow, which is frustrating when on work lunch breaks...but the ladies there are usually friendly.
The setting is lovely as it looks over the garden center, but they have mis-matching chairs and tables, which can be a little uncomfortable...
Have also been here at night and it needed music on, or something! the atmosphere was very dull at night...
OH the caramel slice is awesome! nom nom nom!! (again not sure if this is vegan friendly tho...)

Pros: Quality food, Lovely garden setting during the day, Mushroom baguette and caramel slice!

Cons: Pricey, Limited options, Atmosphere at night

Mixed feelings - Edit

Sarah's Sisters is a lovely concept - a French-style wine bar / bistro atmosphere backing onto a garden centre for that conservatory feeling.

The food is obviously prepared with care and thought but on the 2 occasions I have been here I have been disappointed by the very limited vegan options.

The menu is small anyway but things that could easily be served vegan have dairy added (eg. the bean-burger) and the vegan "Tasting menu" was almost identical on both times I had it.

This place is not cheap and for the prices charged I would expect a little more. They have an extensive wine list but only one vegan wine which is sold by the bottle at $28 - nothing available by the glass.

Overall Sarah's Sisters is a good dining experience but not somewhere I would rush to return to.

Pros: Lovely environment, "Tasting menu" concept, Friendly efficient service

Cons: Limited vegan options, Expensive

real flavour - Edit

this place is sweet, it is small & cosy but the food that is created is lovely & flavoursome. I have been back time & again, fantastic option!

Beautiul - Edit

We have been here twice now and each time we have received the same great service and ammmmmaaazing food. You feel very comfortable and at home eating there.

Pros: Beautiful food, Friendly service, Quiet

Return to Adelaide Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sarah's Sisters closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.