CLOSED: Sarah's Raw and Vegan Cafe

Contact 541-815-6506

519 NW Colorado Ave, Bend, Oregon, USA, 97701

Opened in March 2012, this little raw food cafe offers everything raw, from main entrees and smoothies to desserts and snacks. No soy, gluten, or GMO. CONFIRMED CLOSED, NOV 2016. Open Mon-Thu 8:00am-4:00pm, Fri 8:00am-2:30pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Take-out, All Raw

First Review by Candiceveg

Good For Bend - Edit

Good smoothies, love the refundable jar idea, and the staff was very friendly...

My only suggestion is that the items with honey be better labeled or not served at all. :)

Pros: Healthy, Friendly, Mason Jars

Cons: Honey

Juice galore - Edit

We thoroughly enjoyed our stop at Sarah's. I ordered a juice to help me get over a cold and had an oatmeal cookie. I had to pick carefully to make sure I got a vegan only juice. Honey was an ingredient in many of the juices. My partner is vegetarian and ordered a sweeter juice. We both were happy but he looked/sounded even happier with his.

Pros: Selection, Vegan options, Nice staff

Cons: Have to watch ingredients, A bit pricey but worth it

Some items NOT VEGAN. - Edit

Some items contain honey and/or vitamin D3, which are not vegan ingredients. This promotes confusion regarding the true definition of veganism.

Pros: Killer smoothies, Sometimes, great small bites

Cons: Honey and D3 labeled as vegan, Smoothies only, Seriously, diversify that menu

disappointed they support top leaf mate - Edit

I was excited to see three was a vegan option now in Bend, even if the menu was mostly smoothies. when entering I was extremely disappointed to find they sell tip leaf mate. I can not in good conscience support a place that sells top leaf do to the many shady practices of Santiago. I must wait for another vegetarian place to come to town.

Pros: vegan

Cons: support top leaf mate, limited options, poor service

Smoothies Galore, but only one food dish per day - Edit

Despite what another reviewer said about food, this is a smoothie place, run by a chiropractor whose office is in the front, with just one daily raw food dish, usually a combo of greens and fruit.

Pros: Raw, Diverse selection of smoothies

Cons: Only one food dish daily, no other food

Wonderful first Impression..... - Edit

I recently moved to Bend. What a nice surprise it was today to walk into Sara's Cafe.....
I was not only impressed by her and everyone else chatting about their recipes but also with my smoothies and brownie and each of the raw foods I purchased to take home.
Sarah was very open with her ingredients,recipes, suggestions I could try at home, even other places I could try in town "translation" she cares about her customers ..... loved it all from the moment I stepped inside.
Thank you again, Sarah...
See you soon!!!

Awesome Raw Smoothies - Edit

I go to Sarah's often and get a raw food smoothie for lunch. I use the smoothie as a meal replacement. They have a lot of smoothie options. But the few times I have ordered a lunch it was good. The homemade kale chips are tasty.

Pros: Excellent Smoothies, Friendly Staff, Accomodating

Cons: To small, Sometimes Really Busy

Awesome cafe. - Edit

Sarah makes excellent smoothies and lunches everyday. Her veggie chips are very good, too.

Pros: Nutritious and delicious smoothies., Lunch prices are fair., Cookies and truffles are very good.

Cons: Only one lunch offered daily., Needs more seating.

Return to Bend Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Sarah's Raw and Vegan Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.