Santos Cafe

• Vegetarian
Contact 02-6685-7071

105 Johnson Street, Byron Bay (at opposite Woolworths), Byron Bay, New South Wales, 2481

Cafe inside the health food store. Serves a range of vegetarian, vegan and raw food meals, sweets, juices. Seating in garden at rear.

Category: Vegan-friendly, International, Organic, Western, Fast food, Juice bar

First Review by vegan_simon

Chilled out - Edit

Atmospheric little cafe conveniently located inside a wholefoods supermarket. Lots of juices, raw sweets and some vegan options for a light meal. I only had a juice, but it looked pretty nice and you can eat at a communal table located near the front. Lots of good options in the market section of the shop.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Healthy and tasty

Cons: Bit squishy, Nowhere private to eat/drink

Excellent place! - Edit

Been to Byron Bay twice, and only came here the second time back in June 2012. This little store is great, and they've got hot food too so make sure you consider this place when deciding on dinner! Unlike the older review below, I didn't know there was any seating available, maybe this isn't there anymore (?).
Anyway, they're on the main road, right opposite woolworths. We grabbed hot food there one night and just found a bench and ate out near the beach, it was lovely. The staff are so friendly, and another customer (who said he used to work there) helped us decide on some options.
They've got everything you need to do a 'main shop' whilst having those little snack items (my favourite was the huge chunks of chocolate in the sort of 'pick n mix' area at the back!)
The hot food we had was delicious, so we went back the next day and got more, she remembered us and we talked about what we'd done that day (SO FRIENDLY!!)

Pros: so friendly!, have everything you need!, hot food is delicious

Nice atmosphere - Edit

Spacious health food and product store with fresh produce in the back.

The cafe has pre-made items, many of which are vegan. I had the sushi roll and a fried tofu sandwich. The roll was overpriced and a tad bland (no wasabi inside nor soy sauce to dip it in), but wholesome, and the sandwich was tiny, delicious and oily ($8.50).

I would've come back here if I'd stayed longer.

wholesome and delicious - Edit

This place is on Byron's main road, opposite Woolworths supermarket. It looks like a takeaway bar in the front of the Santos health food store but you can actually dine out back among the palm trees. They have fantastic fresh salads (e.g. quinoa and beetroot), lots of savouries (millet balls, calzone, etc, etc), gourmet veggie pies, and yummy desserts (e.g. vegan chocolate slice). Always absolutely wholesome and delicious!!

Return to Byron Bay Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Santos Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2615 times since May 2009.