Santoni Cafe

Contact 935031743

Ronda Sant Antoni 63, Barcelona, Spain, 08007

Serves meat, vegan options available. Menu includes vegan croissant and cupcakes, typical Spanish bocadillos made with vegan sausages, smoothies, and a few other main dishes that change daily. Has soymilk for drinks. Reported fully vegan, May 2016, but seems it slipped back to offering meat. Open Mon-Fri 8:00am-9:00pm, Sat 8:30am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Western, Spanish, Non-veg

First Review by Blueberries

nice, cozy and delicious food!! - Edit

I just loved the place! The owner was really nice and friendly! They offer a lot of vegan baked goods. There were only two things that were not vegan. They offer breakfast and lunch, coffee and juices. I had some toast with tahini, spinach and tomato and a croissant and orange juice. The breakfast was great. They offer 6(!) different vegan croissants and they taste great. Would definitely recommend it!

Proceed with caution - Edit

This place was really good until you realize they claim to be an all vegan place but serve meat , I'm not 100% that everything they claim is vegan is . I'd proceed with caution here for strict vegans

Pros: vegan options

Not open at listed time - Edit

The food was good, and the atmosphere was beautiful, but they were not open at the listed time. I found that most restaurants I tried to visit in Barcelona and Madrid just opened whenever they felt like it. It seems to be the culture, but it's very frustrating as a traveler.

Pros: good food, amazing atmosphere

Cons: not open when it was listed as being open

Perfect for a breakfast - Edit

Loved this place, it's already the second time that I go.
This time I went for breakfast, went for the spinach, tomato and tahini toast, delicious! The orange juice was freshly squeezed and all the pastries (all vegan) had such a delicious aspect!
I definitely want to go back and try some other things that they have!!

Pros: Variety, Cosiness

cuidado con las opciones veganas - Edit

fui 2 veces y la segunda me dijeron que un pastel era vegano y obviamente no lo era. me sentí muy engañada. el personal no es muy amable tampoco.

Crazyhorse 21 Sep 2016 - Yo voy habitualmente y los pasteles son todos veganos desde hace bastante tiempo. No se que era lo que lo hacía tan obvio que no era vegano.

Nice empanadas - Edit

Small cozy place with friendly service that has juices, baked goods, empanadas and more. Loved the different empanadas. Too bad a few things are with meat... Service was friendly though they didn't speak any English but we managed with my horrible Spanglish.

Excellent!! - Edit

I tried many places in my trip in Barcelona and it was my favorite place. This place is not exclusively vegan but you just have to ask the employes. Crescents, empanadas, smoothies and cake were excellent. I went two times there and I'll return the next time I'll go in Barcelona for sure !

Best breakfasts in BCN - Edit

It's not 100% vegan but if you tell them they provide you with nice vegan food. Nice staff, they know the difference between vegan/vegetarian.
I would recommend the sandwiches: shawarma and ronda, the potatoes with vegan sauce are delicious. No deep frying here so it's healthier than the average vegan restaurant. The pastries and cakes are great: the croissants are the best I've tasted. Selection of juices, beers, Kombucha drinks, and Mate. Worth paying a visit.

Pros: Vegan options, Location, quality

Cons: Small, Not 100% veggie

It's NOT a vegan cafe - Edit

Santoni Cafe has written Vegan everywhere you can see but they sell smoked ham sandwiches and other non vegan or even vegetarian foods.
There's a lot of vegan snacks, cakes and other stuff but I had to ask which one of them were vegan. I had vegan empanadilla and it was good.

Pros: Good location

Cons: Very small space with little table space to sit an, Had to ask what the vegan options were in a place

llamapower 19 Jun 2016 - Thanks for the update! That's worrying though...I was there last week because of it being listed as vegan , and got a couple of empanadas (4 cheese and courgette), and a long custard-filled pastry, and I asked in Spanish whether everything was vegan because I do worry about this (although I assumed it was a silly question as like you say, it says vegan all over the place), and the woman said yes. Maybe she meant yes for everything I ordered. I really hope it was really vegan, including the '4 cheese' empanada! I almost got the 'ham and cheese' one as I thought it was all vegan (and lots of veggie and vegan places, at least in the UK, use names like that for meat and cheese substitutes)...

Lovely small cafe for an easy lunch - Edit

Good value vegan sandwiches (I recommend the shawarma) and cakes/pastries. Staff are welcoming and pleasant.

Not sure if everything is fully vegan, so I would recommend just double checking before ordering.

Pros: Friendly staff, Good value, Delicious cakes and pastries

Cons: Small premises, Not sure if fully vegan

best vegan nutella croissants ever - Edit

If you come to barcelona you have to stop by this place and try their vegan "nutella" croissant, probably the best thing i have ever eaten. They warm it up before serving it and the nutrlla melts in your mouth

Pros: vegan nutella croissant

Cons: the stuff culd be friendlier

para merendar, comer... siempre recomendable! - Edit

Aconsejable para cualquier hora del día! puedes desayunar, comer o incluso coger comida para llevar.
Buena gente a cargo de la cafetería y con una comida excepcional!

Pros: Gran variedad para veganos

yummy - Edit

Small cafe with good sandwiches and croissants and co. They don't speak English fluently, but they understood what we wanted and they are totally friendly. It looks like a vegan cafe, but they also offer non-vegan food.
Good for take away.

delicious - Edit

I'll agree with a previous review that the outside signage make the place look 100% veg but it's a not. However, I simply told them i was vegan and they showed me the options. I had an empanada combo and my partner had a "hamburger". For dessert i had a coffee with soy milk and chocolate croissant

They didn't speak English but luckily pointing and what little spanish i know worked out just fine

Street Life - Edit

You would think this place is totally meat free the way it is signed outside but they do serve some meat pastries. Apart from that it's a veggie zone even selling vegan sushi. Very limited seating inside it's more of a kiosk for a quick drink and snack then off you go.

Pros: vegan choice, cheap, convenient

Cons: some meat items

Very happy - Edit

We came here for breakfast on the last morning of our stay in Barcelona and, once we saw the separate vegan menu, we had a great choice for breakfast and excellent service. If we had found this earlier, we may have gone there every day for breakfast - highly recommended for breakfast and light meals. I don't seem to be able to select 5 stars so I chose the highest possible (4). This is a small family run venue, so while there was no problem getting seated for us, it would be unwise to assume there would always be enough space to sit down inside.

Pros: Separate vegan menu, Reasonable prices, Good service

Nice little place - good croissants - Edit

Pretty rare to get vegan croissants, so I appreciated this place (though I"m still hoping the "vegan" part didn't get lost in translation - the croissants sure did seem buttery). Nice empanadas too. Nothing super special here, but everything solidly made and enjoyable.

wonderful and authentic - Edit

We just stumbled upon this cosy little cafe when we visited Barcelona today. Ordered 2 vegan burgers,drinks and croissants and it was perfect amount of food,great prices and made with love. Super friendly staff even if they don't speak English we got along very well.

Very good - Edit

It's nice to have more vegan friendly options in Barcelona. I've tasted their vegan chocolate croissants and cupcakes and both were excellent.

Recommended!

Pros: Taste, Value, Staff

Gorgeous little friendly and vegan-friendly café - Edit

I am delighted to find this café on Happy Cow!

I discovered it recently as it is local to me and I love it! The staff are so friendly and patiently go through all of the vegan options with me every time I go in and ask.

I have gotten potato and roasted vegetable tart and also toasted bocadillos with avocados, home-made seitan chorizo and roasted vegetables. The muffins and many of the other sweets are also vegan. Simple, delicious, home-made food.

I have never gotten coffee there but I know that they have soya milk as an option.

It is also in a really convenient location just beside Placa Universitat and the Metro station.

A lovely little vegan-friendly café that I whole-heartedly recommend :)

Pros: Great food and friendly staff, Great vegan options including sweets

Cons: Also serves non-vegan food

Return to Barcelona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Santoni Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.