Santok Maas

Contact 0208-6650626

848 London Road, Thornton Heath, Surrey, London, UK, South East London, England, CR7 7PA

Also offers vegan sweets. Family-run. Confirmed open Oct 2013. Open Mon-Tue 12:00pm-10:00pm, Thu-Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by LauraStone90

In house catering - Edit

Santok Maa's recently catered our event at home for approx. 120 people in the morning and 130 in the evening. In the evening they also did some live theatre cooking in our garden.

What can I say except - brilliant! They were punctual, friendly and the food was amazing. In the evening they made their famous crispy bhajiya's and Dosa in our garden and the queues for food did not stop.

On top of that they left the place clean! There was no rubbish, food or litter.

We would definitely use Santok Maa's again and we would recommend them to everyone.

Pros: friendly, tasty food , clean

Gorgeous! - Edit

Family-run business, cozy and friendly, offers a lot of vegan options including traditional tasty sweets. Juices are worth mentioning, I tried the Fruits of Passion juice and it was absolutely gorgeous.

Pros: Juices, Sweets, Price; Not The Cheapest But It Was Okay

Cons: Decoration May Seem A Little Outdated But It Was O

Amazing Service! - Edit

Well, what can I say?! We had a lovely time! Before we sat down, we double checked that they have things suitable for Vegans. The guy reassured us that everything was vegetarian, but the majority was also Vegan. Most of it is made fresh/to order, so most could also be made Vegan. He was very knowledgeable, and knew exactly what each of the items contained. There was such a huge choice of foods, and our waiter (who I assume was the owner), was so helpful in explaining what things were, and recommending which foods would accompany each other. We had about 4 different starter/side dishes between the 2 of us: some fried/battered sliced potato (which is one of their specialist dishes), spring rolls, aubergine fritters, etc. They do a variety of fresh fruit juices, which were very welcomed. There'se a wide choice of mains, too-I had a Chinese dish, and my partner had a curry (although we did share!). There wasn't a huge choice for anything sweet (although I suppose you could have a fruit juice/smoothie), but he recommended this funny thing, which was a floury, swirly thing, fried, and then dipped in syrup-really nice, and different. He also gave us another Vegan sweet, to take home, on the house! Anyway, this guy was honestly the loveliest restaurant guy, and so helpful, and attentive! We will definitely be returning, whether we eat in, or use the take away service.

Pros: Lovely, lovely owner!, Great food for Vegans/vegetarians, Great service

Cons: The décor is a little dated

Contributions +14

Pure Indian Vegetarian - Edit

There is nothing like this Restaurant in Brighton so I along with my family make the 120 mile round trip to taste true Indian Vegetarian food in this very friendly family run restaurant. The Dhosa's are as good as they come, but the Daal soup that comes with the Dhosa is the best I have ever tasted, the curry's all Vegan (except paneer dish's) are all made fresh and have their own individual flavour and taste and can be spiced to your request. As for the starters like Narirobi Bhajia, and the best Daal Bhajia you will ever taste,here you are tasting Pure Vegetarian food at its natural best. One of the only Indian restaurants that I know that make and serve Vegan sweets, making a lot of their sweets without milk powder or butter gee, makes this place ideal for Vegans. It may be a small point but to me Chappati's are a crucial part of Indian food, and here they are better than I have tasted anywhere. Santok Maas is open every day apart from Wednesday, 12pm to 10pm. Dont forget the take aways, Samosas, Kachori,Bhajia,etc etc, very reasonable in price, because by the time you are half way home you need to refresh your taste buds, and 30 miles is a long way to turn round and drive back.

Pros: Meny vegan dish's, Family run, Pure Vegetarian

Return to South East London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Santok Maas closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.