CLOSED: Santa Fe Tapas

Contact 504-304-9915

1327 St Charles Ave (at Garden District), New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, 70130

Serves meat, vegan options available. New Latin cuisine, has a separate evening vegan menu and vegan brunch on Saturday. March 2015 reported shut, phone no answer.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Beer/Wine, Mexican, Latin, Non-veg

First Review by felines007

a no no - Edit

The only thing worth the money was the chips with salsa for 2 dollars. The rest is junk. Tried the chevice, pasta and beans with rice. Just not good. Blunt taste, not fresh. Also tried the gazpacho; IT COMES WITH SOUR CREAM!?!?

Pros: salsa

Cons: everything else

Santa Fe Tapas I am terribly sorry you did not enjoy the dishes you ordered at our restaurant. I would like to point out none of the items you have mentioned in your comments are from our vegan menu - certainly not the ceviche - We will be honored if you would give us another try for lunch or dinner Mon - Fri or on Saturday 11am - 3 pm during our Vegan Brunch now in its second year - and order from our Vegan menu.
Though our chips salsa are good, we assure you our vegan starters & main courses (with or without Vegan sour cream) not to forget deserts some say are better.

Great food great people - Edit

We loved this place so much that we went twice in three days. The owners are wonderful and were around both nights to meet people and answer questions about the menu. The second time we went, we were torn between ordering the same delicious dishes we had gotten before and trying new things! We were not disappointed either night. Must go!

I saw this place on happy cow and considered it while in NOLA, then I was at wholefoods and the cashier told me I Must try their Sat. Vegan Brunch. My Partner and I went their before the March Against Monsanto Rally(which the owner was all for :]) and were very glad we did. The Owner was warm and friendly; We immediately got two fresh high quality mimosas on the house just cause. I got some truly delicious New Orleans Cuisine; including Super Vegan tamale, dirty rice balls with vegan remoulade(excellent), Amazing Wild Mushroom Tostada, and a Faux Chickn Po Boy that was also great. Overall (9/10), right up their with Carmo, even better priced. Didn't get to try the dessert becasue I was So Full!

Pros: High Quality, Delicious, Warm/inviting

Cons: GIMME Some Portabellos!

Veg Paradise - Edit

We went there on the recommendation of our host. We went for the Saturday Vegan Brunch and we were thrilled. We ordered enough for two meals. The food was well prepared. We got to meet both the owner and the chef and we were pampered. New Orleans is becoming an easier place to find veg friendly restaurants but this place is a shining star among them. We hope to go back next Saturday.

Great Vegan Food in the Big Greasy! - Edit

Amazing, culinary and creatively inspired cuisine with wonderful hospitality. Be prepared to be pampered by the owner and indulge in great conversation and to enjoy a meal of a lifetime! I frequent this place and gotta say; nothing come from a can...I can't believe the vegan sour cream, to die for!! I go for the vegan brunch which has a rotating menu with some classic favorites and unique dishes you won't find anywhere else (they also take requests for favorites!!!). I love their regular dishes like the Vegan Jambalaya, quesadillas, dirty rice balls, tamales and more. Today was Vichysoisse served hot with truffle oil and carmelized leeks!! It's not always Southwestern themed so it's a nice variety. Highly recommend it! It's not fast food so just remember good food takes time.

Pros: taste, variety, price

Cons: wait time

Best vegan experience in New Orleans! - Edit

We can't say enough nice things about this restaurant. The atmosphere is awesome, location is great, and more importantly, the food is delicious and inspired. We went on a Monday, after calling in advance, and were met with a hand written vegan menu including appetizers, entrees, and desserts. The homemade pasta was incredible, rice and beans were super, and the potato appetizer was quite nice. The owner of the restaurant came to meet us, and was very charming and solicitous. Two nights later we showed up again without calling in advance, and the chef very nicely came up with a different menu for us off the cuff. Again, all quality and inspired. Do call in advance though, as they only do dedicated vegan for their weekend brunch.

Pros: excellent food, friendly owner , nice setting

Gourmet yumminess! - Edit

Santa Fe Tapas has amazing food, a vegan saturday brunch with live jazz music and a magician, and a friendly warm atmosphere. The food is high end, and made with pride, beautifully presented and full of flavorful nuances. This is the place to go when you want something special. It is also the place to go for happy hour, when you can get 2 for 1 margaritas! Come support Santa Fe Tapas and let them know you want the vegan yumminess to keep coming!

Pros: great food, nice space, friendly space

Cons: pricey

Return to New Orleans Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Santa Fe Tapas closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2699 times since Dec 2011.