Vegan-friendly
Delivery
Take-out
Catering
Kosher

Vegetarian Indian restaurant. On the menu are thali, dosa, North Indian curries, and chaat snacks. NOTE: No wheelchair access. Now extended delivery to postcodes L1-8, L13, L15, L17, L18 and L69. Open Tue-Fri 17:00-22:30, Sat 13:00-22:30, Sun 13:00-21:30.

Venue map for Sanskruti Restaurant
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by JonTurner2000

al-ox

Points +45

17 Feb 2024

Great for vegans and veggies

Large menu that's fully vegetarian and it's clearly marked for vegans. Lots of options for vegans, including dishes you don't get everywhere so are exciting to try. Food was delicious and the service was great. Lovely wine and cocktails too!

georgiat98

Points +268

04 Feb 2024

Amazing

So much choice on the menu, only a few things that couldn't be vegan, great service too.

Jenzibar

Points +505

20 Jan 2024

Amazing Indian cuisine!

I've been here many times and will continue to visit again and again. Everything here is vegan or vegetarian. There's such a variety of dishes, you will be spoilt for choice. I recommend the Pani Puri which are like tiny taste explosions and fun to share with your group, as well as the dosa, which are like crispy savoury pancakes with different fillings. Curry wise, I adore the kathal lazeez (jackfruit curry) and the mushroom masala. There are also three vegan desserts... we have tried the brownie, which comes in a bowl of bubbling molten chocolate, and the lotus cheesecake, both were very tasty! The staff are really lovely and attentive and the space is cozy and inviting. At the moment they have 25% off if you book online and quote veganuary. This offer is on until the end of January so don't miss out! #Veganuary

Updated from previous review on 2024-01-20

RiellaEvans

Points +25

18 Jan 2024

Excellent food

Absolutely delicious food
Kofta was a delight & peshwari naan was the best I have ever eaten.
Staff are superb
Would recommend this restaurant gor vegans & vegetarians

ClaudiaHerreroPina

Points +23

31 Dec 2023

Incredible

The best indian we have ever tried, every dish was amazing and the staff was charming and very helpful. We were just looking for a nice place to have lunch in Liverpool and later on we are in the heaven of creaminess and indian flavours… amazing.

Pros: Plenty vegan , Atmosphere , Staff

aclawrence

Points +70

07 Dec 2023

Great Wednesday night meal deal

Got the vegan version of the £18 platter, which covers three courses. Veggie version with paneer also available.

Great food, attentive service.

Mikeando

Points +162

25 Nov 2023

“The best”

The best Indian food I’ve ever had. I’ve tried plenty of Indian restaurants on my travels and no where beats this place. I always get the tofu makhani or their masala dosa, both are boss! Staff are really nice people as well.

Updated from previous review on 2023-11-25

betty89003

Points +34

30 Oct 2023

Vegan/Vegetarian Indian Food

Amazing food that absolutely blows you away with really attentive staff. Good prices, delicious food and filling portions. Heaven for a veggie/vegan.

Pros: Whole menu Veggie, Lots of vegan options , Good value for money

WendyEhlen

Points +128

30 Oct 2023

Top notch Indian vegan food

Me and my family love it here. We go often and we especially enjoy eating the family naan, which is massive and comes out hanging on a special stand!

The poppadoms and chutney tray is delicious and I try to get something different off the menu each time I go, and I’m always delighted with what I’ve ordered.

Highly recommend trying this place, you won’t be disappointed

Pros: Chutney tray and poppadoms , Family naan , Vada Pav

LoisCrowder

Points +158

13 Aug 2023

Amazing curry

Being from Bradford I have had many traditional curries. This was amazing!!! So many traditional recipes and even had vegan yogurt drinks (I’ve forgot the name!!)

Hollipop

Points +608

04 Jul 2023

My favourite Indian restaurant

Really nice place to eat - not your standard Indian menu but everything I tried was delicious. Ate here a few times and it has always been delicious, would definitely recommend! My personal favourites are the baby corn manchurian starter and chana masala.

Updated from previous review on 2023-07-04

Pros: Amazing food, Lots of options, Friendly staff

freaklikeme

Points +26

09 Jun 2023

Beautiful food, lovely staff

Went for my birthday and had a wonderful time!
Food was really fresh and delicious, with a selection of dishes from across different regions in India. I’d particularly recommend the vegan lassi, Chat sharing plate, North Indian jackfruit curry, masala dosa and mixed bread basket, but everything we had was really tasty. Portions were huge, so they gave us some takeaway pots to take the rest home in. Food was really well presented and not at all oily or overly salty. Wish I’d taken photos!
Staff were also really lovely and happy to offer recommendations. They even brought out a cake and a sparkler and sing happy birthday! Really lovely atmosphere ☺️

Updated from previous review on 2023-06-09

Pros: Authentic dishes, Great taste, Lovely staff

SamMiche

Points +138

02 Jun 2023

Best curry I've ever had

If you have the chance, just go. I've lived in Bham for years, was part of a curry club for a while and this is the best curry I've ever had. The food portions are deceivingly large. The food is super tasty, great flavours, fresh veg with little oil visible. The staff seem to really enjoy their jobs and take pleasure in creating a positive eating experience. We ate here two nights in a row and neither was disappointing.

Updated from previous review on 2023-06-02

Pros: Great food options, tasty, flavoursome foods, Good price, larger than they appear portions., Loveky staff who seem to enjoy their job

Nieve

Points +3840

23 May 2023

Delicious & diverse

We had a great meal at Sanskruti. I loved that the menu had dishes from different regions of India, it was much more diverse than your standard Indian restaurant. We had a dish with bitter gourd which paired really nicely with a peshwari naan (the dish is quite bitter, not for everyone), a jackfruit curry which was delicious, and a masala dosa which everyone enjoyed. The sev puri are an awesome starter, crunchy and flavorful.

ClaireEarnshaw

Points +41

08 Mar 2023

Amazing food

This has become our favourite place for celebrations, even requested by our meat eating children for their birthday meals. Never had a bad dish here and staff are so friendly. Love this place.

Yramatram

Points +509

Mostly Veg
23 Jan 2023

Vegan indian restaurant

Vegan and vegetarian, gluten free options. Different food from gujarat and punjab. Staff very friendly. Good quality. Roti is awesome! #Veganuary

KarenHagan

Points +209

19 Jan 2023

Amazing

Food is fresh and delicious with absolutely tons of choice. Everything looks beautiful. Service is fantastic staff are friendly and attentive. Highly recommended.

Pros: Great value, Fantastic service

Here.To.Travel_Jade

Points +8637

03 Nov 2022

Excellent Indian food

Veggie Indian restaurant that has lots of vegan options that are clearly labelled. Between the three of us we got pani puri, aloo gobi & rice, masala dosa, thali & family size garlic naan. Was absolutely stuffed & continued to eat way past being comfortable as it was so good. Also had a mango lassi and fresh lemonade. Service was very good- efficient, helpful & quick

Heath3r

Points +322

18 Sep 2022

Amazing food

I love this place, vegetarian restaurant with lots of vegan options. They were also happy to make my meal more spicy.

LaLaBeans

Points +114

16 Sep 2022

SO GOOD

We went here following several recommendations. So impressed. Sad that it’s not a totally vegan place, but the menu is fabulous and food is delicious. Staff were so friendly and helpful. Good vibes. Was buzzing on a Thursday night too which was great. We ordered a couple of starters to share, then two mains, sides, family naan (INSANE) and pilau. We ended up bringing most of it home for breakfast! Loads of food and a couple pints each and it was less than 60 quid. Defo recommend.

Pros: So much choice, Ridiculously lovely staff, Really reasonable prices

Cons: Not totally vegan

Scribb11

Points +219

05 Sep 2022

The best Indian

I love this place, I come often and each time it’s just as good as the last. One of my favourite places to eat and lots of vegan options!

Pros: Lots of vegan options , Nice atmosphere , Tasty food

DebbieWilbur

Points +261

30 Aug 2022

A gem!

Always come here when visiting Liverpool. The peshwari naan is amazing.

Bubbard

Points +883

12 Aug 2022

Love love love

The best Indian food in Liverpool, without a doubt. Fairly priced and so much selection. Even my meat eating friends adored it. Always amazing.

Pros: Lots of vegan options , Reasonably priced, Fast service

Cons: Have to book in advance

Lauraleec

Points +11770

26 Jul 2022

Can't wait to try again

Really wish I get to go back on a Tuesday or Wednesday to try their Thali! I read in other reviews the spice level was mild which suits me. On this occasion I was rushing but still got to try their chutney plate, seekh kebab (actually a little spicy) for me, and a mushroom dosa. Looking forward to trying again in the future as the menu looked great, as did other dishes being served to fellow diners.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Prompt service

Cons: Doesn't open for lunch midweek

LisaSpykers

Points +6714

13 Jul 2022

Sooo good!

I don't normally eat much Indian food, but based on the reviews, I wanted to try it. This place definitely deserves its high rating! The service is great, the restaurant is lovely, the menu is interesting and has lots of variety, and the majority of dishes are vegan! The only thing missing was the heat, and I realized that the waitress didn't ask me, nor did I tell her how hot to make the curries. Nonetheless, very tasty. It was so nice to finally have a vegan Malai kofta too. I look forward to seeing more veganized Indian desserts on the menu in the future.

Pros: Everything else

Cons: Not many vegan dessert options

Gina_97

Points +91

10 Jun 2022

Delicious Indian!

I went here due to all the positive reviews... and I can see why it has them! The food was so tasty, and you could tell everything (at least what I ate) was made in house. I might have to come back to Liverpool just to try some more of the food!

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Tasty and home made, Lovely atmosphere

Cons: Hard to get a table without booking!

Maddi

Points +543

16 May 2022

My favourite veggie Indian

Traditional vegetarian Indian, no cheat meats and not heavy on chilli but rich delicious veggie curries and sides. Licensed and reasonably priced. I have loved this place for years and so glad they survived covid and are still going strong!

Pros: The "Family Naan" 😋