Sanito

32-3197946

Siete Norte 1172, Vina Del Mar, Vina Del Mar, Chile

A vegetarian and vegan restaurant that offers several types of burgers, salads, sandwiches, empanadas, juices and more. Open Mon-Thu 9:30am-6:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, American, International, Chilean

First Review by choogirl

Regular - Edit

Me sacó se apuro en varias ocasiones que no quería cocinar. Por lejos recomiendo la hamburguesa de cochayuyo, es de las más deliciosas que he probado en la vida. Hay varias alternativas veganas. El lugar no es acogedor.

Pros: good food

Cons: non all vegan

Healthy vegan food - Edit

Healthy vegan food - I had a bean and vegetable stew which had soy meat in it and came with rice (white) :( .Also had a whole grain empanada filled with veggies. Very filling and healthy. I agree with the other two reviewers - nice to have vegan options in Vińa. PS..Both cook.and owner were super nice.

Pros: All vegan and good portions at reasonable price.

Cons: No formal menu and limited English.

Good option, if not mind-blowing - Edit

This appears to be the only exclusively vegetarian place in Viña del Mar, to which I say kudos to them! My experience was pretty similar to the previous reviewer's; it's a small place, though easy to spot, since there aren't a great number of businesses around it (and it's not close to the shore). The only tables are outside (fine outside of winter, I imagine), and it's a quick-eat place.

I was the only customer there; I went on a weekday around 14.00 or so. I can't say that the atmosphere was one of unbridled enthusiasm or enveloping warmness, but they weren't openly rude or anything. The menu on the day I was there was handwritten on some cards on the counter; the general gist is as described -- wraps, salads, and burgers. I had a wrap, and it was pretty good, but without a great deal of flavor (the pesto it had inside was a surprise and was good, though not plentiful) -- I have had similar taste experiences of vegetarian places in Chile (and to some extent in Latin America), so it's not just this place. (I much prefer stronger flavors myself!)

The prices were pretty good -- definitely low-moderate.

I am giving this place 4 cows to support the veggie-ism in VdM! I can definitely say that I was delighted this place existed, even if I wasn't blown away. Perhaps if business picks up a little, they'll feel more at ease and might expand the menu a bit.

Pros: The rare veggie place in area., Food seemed wholesome enough., Inexpensive.

Cons: A bit on the blander side., Not a warm atmosphere (when I was there)., Location not super-happening.

Decent veggie option in Vina del Mar - Edit

This is a nice place that focuses mainly on takeaway foods although you can eat there. They have a large variety of vegan burger patties, although I did not try any.

They also offer a lunch menu. I had the spaghetti with soya bolognese. It was tasty enough but nothing to rave about. I did enjoy their vegan empanadas though.

Pros: Numerous burger options

Return to Vina Del Mar Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sanito closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.