Sanissimo - Principe Pio

+34-91893971

Calle Paseo de la Florida 37, Madrid, Spain, 28008

Small vegetarian food bar near the Royal Palace. Has vegan breakfast and dinner menu. Its 3rd outlet in the city. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-11:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Spanish

First Review by elbowelbein

I ate here and I loved it - Edit

Stopped after reading on the window that there is Vegan ice cream,ended up having a burger!The Menu has several Vegan options and the guy who took my order was extremely friendly.My burger had a green sauce to die for,but I couldn't work out what was in it and I was told the ingredients are secret.Even the burger bun was tasty,nutty and crunchy,tasted like it was baked on the spot!I had a green tea and I forgot all about the ice cream!!!
Best branch of the Sanissimo Restaurants in Madrid by a mile.
Smoothie was served in a jar,with ginger strawberry and cucumber,so refreshing...
I must go back to try the brownies,they are low in sugar and gluten free!What more could one want from life?
Outside sitting so you can watch the world go by but inside is cosy and welcoming too.
Definitely not to be missed

Updated from previous review on 2017-09-12

Pros: Vegan options, Cheap, Gluten free

Cons: Only in Madrid!!!

great food and friendly service - Edit

Was staying down the street and happened upon this cafe. Ordered one of the chef specials. Wonderful veg chicken and the homemade hummus was fab. Best part was the chocolate cake for dessert! Staff was really helpful in recommending local sites and was so kind. Going back next time I'm in Madrid.

Fantastic Dinner - Edit

We walked across town to find a veggie restaurant. This has a simple facade and unassuming street presence. That hides a very creative menu. And the food more than delivers with fresh ingredients and wonderful flavor combinations. Fantastic!

Pros: varied and creative menu options, food is very fresh and flavorful , staff is friendly and helpful

Cons: service is slow and haphazard

Return to Madrid Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sanissimo - Principe Pio closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.