Sandfly Cafe

Serves meat, vegan options available. In the center of town. Offers a daily vegan special and has almond milk and soy milk for dirnks. Might be able to make the vegetarian dishes vegan - ask. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-4:30pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, International, Non-veg

First Review by Amari

Good for coffee - Edit

This place has almond milk and good coffee. Not the best choice for food because they only offer one vegan option which changes daily. The day I went, they had vegan sushi. I wasn't impressed.

Numerous vegetarian options but limited vegan fare - Edit

This cafe has several clearly marked vegetarian restaurants but limited vegan fare. They offer alternative milk for coffee and smoothies.

what a disappointment - Edit

Wanted to grab a dessert this afternoon just to find out that there's a wide range of desserts offered but not one single of them is vegan.
Then I asked if they could get me a vegan milk shake instead. Also that was not possible. The lady at the counter didn't care much that they didn't have anything I wished for to offer. What a disappointment.
Then I was told I should have a look at the menu, which I did. There's only one vegan special of the day. Today it was a salad for 15$.

Honestly - go somewhere else. I didn't feel very appreciated.

Right now I am sitting in the Naturally Fiordland Café, which is 3 minutes walking distance. And- I am enjoying a lovely vegan Apple Crumble! :)

Return to Te Anau Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sandfly Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.