Sandburne Vegetarian Guest House

• Hotel B&B
+44-1768773546

Chestnut Hill, Keswick, England, CA12 4LS

Family home of Donald Watson. Features two appointed twin room together with large shower rooms and views across the fells on the edge of Keswick.

First Review by SteffMoulton

Wonderful Stay - Edit

I so agree with the previous posts, Anthony was so welcoming and the food was wonderful. My Husband and I just got back from our trip to Keswick and though we only stayed for 2 days, Anthony made our short trip "Terrific". We stayed in the larger of the two guest rooms with views of Keswick and Anthony's garden. Anthony had made us wonderful breakfast's every morning. (You HAVE to try the buckwheat pancakes, and Breakfast Scramble- Yum) and and wonderful suggestions for our hiking every day. We can not wait to go back - Thank you Anthony !

Pros: excellent food, stay warm and inviting, wonderful hospitality

Cons: none

A B&B not to be missed! - Edit

From start to finish, what a fantastic experience. Both Anthony, and the newly refurbished B&B were an absolute delight.

We stayed for 4 nights & Anthony was most helpful when arranging the stay.
We arrived later Friday evening & had a lovely warm welcome from Anthony who showed us to our room & around the house where we had other rooms to relax in & admire the views. We stayed in the smaller of the twin rooms but still very spacious with beautiful shower facilities and of course beautiful views!

We had everything we could have needed for our stay, the rooms are light and well equipped with regular refills of teas and coffees everyday.

As it was my Birthday the following day, I opted for the Banana Buckwheat Pancakes which were great & really nutritious!! My partner had the full vegan breakfast which was a winner for him! Anthony puts a lot of care & consideration into his breakfast meals & the homemade Granola to start was always a hit with myself & Sam! Breakfasts are varied & you have to try them all! They are all really good.

Me & my partner are first timers to the Lake District so we were a bit apprehensive about where to go and what to do, however Anthony just knows everything about anything you can do here, and we had a jam packed 4 days of activities and fun thanks to Anthony's help planning & his waterproof map! (Very handy)!

Both being Vegan's, we didn't have any problem in Keswick with lunch and dinner. Anthony has some great recommendations and there are also some other lovely restaurants a short drive away too. We went to Bar ES for two of the nights which is in town, for Mexican Enchillada's & Taco's accompanied by VEGAN and GLUTEN FREE Beers!

We're already planning our next visit & cannot wait to revisit Sandburne B&B & explore more of Keswick & surrounding parts.

A huge thank you to Anthony for his care and attention throughout the stay & we really enjoying hearing all about Donald & the history of the Vegan Society.

Brilliant place for vegans! - Edit

Sandburne is an absolutely brilliant place for veggies and vegans alike. Anthony is a very accommodating man, from putting up with us arriving late (9.30pm), obtaining decafe coffee for me for breakfast, to letting us leave our car there, and providing mugs of tea for our friend, who couldn't come out with us, after after we had 'officially left'! The rooms are have superb views of Keswick's mountain ranges, and very comfy beds. Teas and coffees in the room excellent quality, with ethical brands, rather than the usual Nescafe. The vegan breakfast is to 'live' for, and includes, cereal with loads of different fruits, yogurts etc, cooked breakfast, scrambled tofu, potato cakes, fried bread, mushrooms, beans, tofu rashers, vegan sausages, and toast with preserves. I'm sure I'ver forgotten something. Really looking forward to return there soon.

Pros: Lovely relaxing atmosphere, and very quiet, Fantastic views and individual bedrooms, Wonderful vegan breakfast and room teas & coffees

Return to Keswick Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sandburne Vegetarian Guest House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.