Sanaa's 8th St. Gourmet

• Veg-friendly
Contact 605-275-2516

401 E 8th St Ste 100 (at downtown), Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USA, 57103

Serves meat, vegan options available. While menu is predominately meat based, there are also vegetarian and vegan options, which for Sioux Falls counts is noteworthy. Has gluten-free. Buffet on weekdays and on Saturdays. Elaborate decorations and paintings on the walls.

Category: Buffet, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Non-veg

First Review by sunshineonmyshoulder

Fantastic food, unbeatable prices. - Edit

We were on a road trip through the Dakotas, and despaired of finding good vegetarian food. Google and Happy Cow directed us to this restaurant, and we were so happy we drove a little out of the way to find Sanaa's. The food was great, the staff was very friendly and a happy time was had by all! They had a wide selection of eggless desserts too, and this was the icing on the cake! I thoroughly enjoyed talking to the owner, Sanaa, and hearing her story.

Pros: Great food, reasonably priced. , Very friendly staff, Very nice ambiance.

awe inspiring vegan spread - Edit

Being my first time eating Middle Eastern, I'll tell you its like Indian food without the heat. I'm not sure if I did it right with the breads and condiments but everything in the buffet was so incredibly good I had to pile up a second plate.
Updated from previous review on Saturday May 16, 2015

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly atmosphere , Many vegan dishes

Cons: They need to be open more.

We love Sanaa's Gourmet Cafe! - Edit

On our way out west, we ate lunch at Sanaa’s Gourmet Mediterranean Restaurant in Sioux Falls SD, a popular veg and gf friendly eatery, which I highly recommend. It’s a big place, comfortable, warmly decorated in Mediterranean motif, reasonably priced, has WiFi. All the tasty tasty food is made from scratch, under the loving and watchful eye of owner/chef Sanaa Abourezk. Sanaa is always adding more vegan options - when we were there, she was experimenting with Vegan Tiramisu. The GF Fatayer (Mediterranean calzone) with a walnut spinach olive filling was outstanding, as was the lentil soup, the quinoa salad, the baklava, the basmati rice pilaf … we could happily have eaten for hours.

Pros: Delicious homemade food, Efficient and friendly service , Lots of vegan and gf options

Cons: It's in Sioux Falls, not where I live!

Friendly, Fabulous & Filling - Edit

Sanaas Restaurant, located several blocks east of downtown Sioux Falls, is a very clean, color filled restaurant that serves tasty Syrian vegetarian and vegan food, including gluten free. Her hummus, green olive spread, falafel & eggplant sandwich style wraps, soups specials & a huge dessert case including baklava & date bars - all are tasty & freshly made. She is open for Lunches: Mon - Sat., and serves a wonderful complete buffet on Friday evenings. There are beautifully illustrated books for sale with recipes she serves, with a new vegan book coming out this fall. As often as I am in Sioux Falls, I try to eat here. Try it and you will have a new home away from home for great tasting healthful food and a very pleasant eating experience. There is a ramp for handicapped entry. The bathrooms are very clean & neat. Be sure to ask if you need gluten free or vegan food. She will show you which items are available for the day.

Pros: Tasty Healthy Food, Friendly, Beautiful interior

Return to Sioux Falls Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sanaa's 8th St. Gourmet closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2103 times since Oct 2009.