CLOSED: Samudra Cafe

• Vegetarian

Contact 08-97799977

226 Naturaliste Terrace, Dunsborough, Western Australia, 6281

Raw food cafe and retail space, renovated in 2013. Offers cold pressed juices, a selection of healthy takeaway food, wood-fired pizza, organic and local wine and beer. Uses organic, bio-dynamic, and fair trade produce. 2015 REPORTED SHUT, CONFIRMED BY ITS WEBPAGE.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, All Raw, Australian

First Review by Jim Peters

Things have changed - Edit

My last visit was dissapointing, they have changed there food.
I dont know why because it was all beautifull before but when my friend and I arrived we had to ask about everything in the bain marie because there was also animal and dairy.
Just means it is not going to be worth the visit from Bunbury anymore with my gals :(

My favourite! - Edit

I always love coming to Samudra. The vibe is laid back and you get a feeling of peace when you sit down, knowing you get good food that's been made with love! They've renovated so there is now more seating and the cafe looks a lot better! They also have a bigger menu and more raw treats to choose from. I love their eco clothing store and products! If you're in the area, you must pop in for a visit!

Pros: Good food, Good service, Relaxed vibe

Cons: Busy

Amazing!! Love this place so much!! - Edit

My partner (rachelsd - see earlier review) returned to the South West, after having discovered Samudra 2 years previously. We had so been looking forward to eating again at Samudra again, and it did not disappoint.

The menu had changed a little bit (sadly, raw nachos are no longer on offer), but it's still the same healthy and creative food, and it's still the same top-shelf quality.

On one of the lunches we had, it was a scorching hot day, so we elected to have the two main salads, and a smoothie. Both salads were very good (and very filling in a low GI way), but in particular, we'd recommend the quinoa salad.

On another lunch we had, the weather was more mild, so we decided to order a hot dish (Nasi Campur), plus one raw dish (Raw vegan pizza).

In fact, it even rained a bit. We were sitting on one of the outside tables when it started raining. A number of guests on the outside tables clambered to be re-seated under the roof, but we remained where we were, not minding some light rain after the heatwave it had been that week. While we waited for our food, one of the waitresses brought us out a couple of sampler smoothies (in small glasses), on the house, as a reward for me being unflustered in the face of a little rain. Apart from being OMG delicious, it was a demonstration of the friendliness and great customer service at Samudra. But I digress.

We would highly recommend the Nasi Campur, which essentially is a plate with about five different things on it, including satay tofu skewers, tempeh pieces, brown rice, greens, and some sauces/dip. The raw pizza was also tasty, and very interesting.

Finally we had the vegan (but derived) ice cream (choc-mint spirulina) - definitely worth trying if you have room left - note the serving size for the ice cream was bigger than we expected, so you might want to share.

Pros: Superb Food- tasty, healthy, creative, Friendly service, Relaxing ambience

The Best Yet!! - Edit

Samudra was a life-saver for me when I lived there! The chef is a raw gourmet specialist and still makes the best raw dishes I have tried. Zucchini pasta, chia seed puddings, beautiful green smoothies... The surf-yoga-vegetarian mind set is the base for the cafe and it's such a beautiful atmosphere with a deep, though out menu. Vegan, vegetarian, raw - it's all there!! At Samudra, they celebrate vegetarianism, instead of just adding a vegetarian option. A MUST!

Pros: Raw, Vegan, Hippy atmosphere

Cons: Slightly pricey

Favourite restaurant - Edit

We are lucky to have Samudra just down the road and visit there at least once a week. It is a joy to spend time there in the garden or inside when the weather is cool. The staff are welcoming and enthusiastic, the food is consistently sensational and the fruit juices, green smoothies and nutmilk drinks are superb. This is the only place where we can eat out locally where we can find tasty live food that isn't just a small garden salad.

Pros: Garden setting, Friendly staff, Raw vegan options

Cons: Not open at night at present

Outstanding food, beautiful surroundings - Edit

My partner and I stumbled across this restaurant while on holiday in the South West and couldn't believe our luck. The food is mostly vegan with about 50% live food options. Everything we ate was extremely tasty and fresh, and we ate about six meals there. We are still looking forward to returning on future trips to try the other menu items. We are both vegetarian but hadn't had much exposure to live (raw) food before but everything was so good that we were inspired to buy a raw cookbook and see if we can emulate some of the flavours.

Pros: Excellent food, Healthy, Environmental

Cons: Not open for dinner

Outstanding!! - Edit

I went here whilst on holiday to the South West and was blown away by this place. I am a strict vegetarian and it is so rare to find somewhere that caters for my sometimes very particular diet in an original and delicious way. Everything was so flavoursome and well presented and the atmosphere was very relaxing. I had the raw veggie lasagne which was a special of the day and a banana smoothie made with almond milk. I can't wait to visit again!!!

Pros: Delicous Healthy Cuisine, Laid Back environment, Friendly Staff

Cons: Only open for dinner on Fridays

Return to Dunsborough Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Samudra Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1284 times since Feb 2009.