Sam's Bann Thai

951-742-7694

3203 Mission Inn Ave, Riverside, California, USA, 92507

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai cuisine restaurant. Can make vegan version of most menu items. Uses oyster mushroom sauce in place of oyster sauce. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri 11:00am-10:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Ovo, Thai, Non-veg

First Review by debbitage

yummy food - Edit

Food was very good for both vegan and non-vegan eaters. Everything on the menu can become vegetarian/vegan upon request.

Great - Edit

Thai food can be tricky due to the fish sauce. The staff at SBT was familiar with vegan standards and assured me that everything with the exception of one or two dishes could be made vegan. I was guaranteed that no fish sauce would be used and they held to their word which is an issue I've had with other Thai places. The food was delicious and the portions were large.

Pros: Knowledgeable staff, Plenty of vegan options, Fresh ingredients

Most vegan choices in Riverside - Edit

BEST VEGAN RESTAURANT in Riverside! Sam's Bann Thai is SUPER accommodating to adapt almost their entire menu for vegans. The staff have said they are making it a priority to offer vegan choices and I couldn't be more grateful. The male staff member I ordered from in the evenings is super friendly and helpful. He had so much patience in helping me to craft our entire meal just as we wanted.
They can "veganize" almost everything by subbing the meat with tofu (fried and unfried) or just veggies and swap the oyster sauce (that comprises most of their sauces) with an oyster mushroom sauce - just be sure to say you want it vegan. The yellow curry has a wonderful flavor - it's one of our favorite dishes. We also love the garlic green beans with tofu. So good! All their dishes are good. You won't be disappointed, whether you order vegan, or not.
I use the EAT24 site to get their food delivered to me. The site allows you to give a spiciness level and leave instructions in a comments for each item. Warning - their food is very spicy, so if you can't tolerate spice, you should say 0-1 for the level of spice. Sometimes, even the level 1 is rather spicy. To be safe, I usually say no spice and add some of the chili paste they give you.
This place is our go-to when we need to have something delivered because I can't find anything else that is vegan that will.
There are two locations in Riverside, so you should be able to pick the one that can deliver to you.

Pros: Lots of choice -almost all menu can be made vegan, Delicious food, They deliver

Cons: Watch out for spiciness. Can be too hot.

Return to Riverside Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sam's Bann Thai closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.