Samrup Jay

Contact 085-9922733

16/14 Moo 1 Wasukri, Ayutthaya, Thailand, 13000

Small restaurant with a sign at the front that reads "Pure Vegetarian Vegan." Menu is in Thai and in English; some English spoken. Previously located on Si Samphet Road and named Ahan Jay Si Samphet. Location is opposite Ayutthaya Business Administration Technical College on U-Thong Road, near U-Thong Soi 25 which is signposted; there is also a red and yellow Youta Vegetarian Food sign at the front as well as the little triangular yellow and red flags signifying vegetarian food. Open Mon-Sun 6:30am-4:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Thai

First Review by maundao

Chilli and no chilli - Edit

Was so good to know I could eat vegan food. Our tuck tuk driver took us here on my request for vegan food. Clean low key place.
I ordered Kale with mock fish.....too much kale but yummy. Partner ordered mild soup looked good but broth a bit tasteless. I can't tolerate chilli or onions.....the menu had a no chilli section and the lady understood no chilli.
No wifi .......however ordered drinks from next door and grabbed the free wifi access and the owner had no problems with us bringing our drinks in to her restaurant.
While we are our tuk tuk driver popped home with our bags still in his tuk tuk and we had no concerns with this and felt very safe.

Pros: No chilli option, Clear signage it was vegan, Easy to find

Cons: Very small serve

just okay - Edit

i went to this Restaurant yesterday. there were 2 other locals besides me who just got there. i asked them for a recommendation since there were way too many dishes to choose from on the menu and i figured they must know what's good.

most dishes cost 40 Baht normal size and 50 Baht big size (check out my Pictures for the detailed menu). i got Rice with some stir-fried mushrooms and some veggies.

i have to admit: i was disappointed. the Rice seemed to be totally overcooked!! i totally disliked the texture and the flavour of the Rice. usually Asian Rice is sticky but this one was totally loose. this is probably also the main reason i was so disappointed with my Food.
second of all, they used some Kind of plant that i don't like the flavour of. basically my whole dish therefore tasted like that plant.

and the portions are really small. if you're really hungry then go for the big size.

according to all the Pictures by other People here the Rice always seems to be the same. so maybe you like it, i for sure didn't. maybe i just got the wrong Thing...?!

previous reviewer stated that the Restaurant Looks run-down. to me it looked very clean and actually quite new. you even have to take off your shoes...
Updated from previous review on Tuesday January 26, 2016

Pros: looks clean, friendly owner

Cons: totally overcooked rice, small portions

Teasty food and friendly people - Edit

We got a frindly welcome and teasty dishes of food. The restaurant is a bit run down and on a bussy street. The food on the English menu was - as far as I guess - always 10 bat more expensive than on the thai menu. But that's not unusually. All in all a sollid place to eat.

Pros: Many dishes to chose from, Teasty, Cheap

Cons: Noisily and old place

Great and cheap - Edit

Nice place, good variety, clear menu in English, mainly noodles, veges and tofu so I couldn't see and 'duck' style wheat gluten, the lady who served me was very nice. I had noodles with tofu and lemon grass and it only cost 25 baht
Don't forget to take your shoes off before you walk in, as I did, oops, Pom ting tong.

Pros: Tasty, Cheap

Return to Ayutthaya Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Samrup Jay closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2357 times since Mar 2010.