Samrat Veg Restaurant

• ( 3 reviews )

Ground floor, Prem Court, J. Tata Road, Churchgate, Mumbai, India

Vegetarian Indian restaurant specialising in Thali. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-11:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, International, Beer

First Review by Floyd205

mmelas_

Points +597

10 Feb 2020

Great Thali

Amazing food and super filling - some dishes and sauces had dairy so just make sure you talk to the people and tell them no ghee, no butter, no cheese, no milk.

maltman23

Points +2631

16 Jan 2020

Lots of good food

If you go to this place, go hungry (as the previous reviewer also suggested)! I ordered the dinner thali, and ate way too much. The thali comes with a large variety of dishes, and they keep bringing you more as you finish each item. My waiter kept a close eye on me to make sure that each dish was constantly replenished. I had to beg him to stop bringing me more (even though I wanted to keep eating since it tasted so good).

There were several items in the thali that were made with yogurt or milk. But the good news is that there is so much else to eat that this was not a problem. If you're vegan, like me, just ignore the yogurt and milk items, and you'll not go away hungry.

The meal is pricey for Indian standards, but the thali + a large bottle of water cost me 540 INR (about $7.50 USD). Not bad for a really nice feast.

Pros: lots of good food, good service, all you can eat

Floyd205

Points +277

27 Dec 2016

All you can eat Thali with great service

It's on old fashioned service orientated restaurant with great value for money. Go hungry to enjoy most.

Return to Mumbai Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Samrat Veg Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.