Samadeva

Contact 953-38-90

Kazanskaja Street, 10, St Petersburg, Russia,

Vegetarian cafe offering Western European food with some Indian food, meals with seitan, raw food and desserts; also fresh juices and tea. English speaking staff. Free Wi-Fi. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Juice bar, European

First Review by anarchistanimal

One of my favorite places - Edit

Food is like a mix of Indian and Russian food. I go there often because it's close to my uni (there's also a discount for students).

Pros: Tasty and not that expensive.

Cons: Sometimes (during lunch and in the evenings) it&#3

Nice place, tasty food! - Edit

Loved this place. very tasty food, friendly staff and not too expensive. they have lunch menu on workdays and breakfast menu every day for very good price. And staff speaks English!!! :)

Good option! - Edit

When you enter this vegetarian café, you get yourself a tray and order your food from the staff behind the counter who then put it on your plate. The dishes are freshly prepared every day and so the menu changes. Staff is friendly and speaks English quite well. Unexpectedly quiet ambience in their dining room. Prices are reasonable and really cheap compared to prices in Western Europe. Many dishes have Russian influence, which is nice.

Most dishes are vegan, and clearly labelled. They have a special offer for lunch, but I don’t recommend this. I was told about this offer, combining salads, a main, sides and a drink for very little money, but wasn’t told that you can’t choose from everything. So, I could not choose the items I had wanted to eat, but only learned about that when my plate was already filled with salad… So, on that occasion I wasn’t so happy with the food. It is better to buy the dishes you really want separately.

What is really great are their cakes, especially the raw ones. Coffee was just OK.

Pros: lot's of choice, great cakes, great juice

Cozy café in the heart of St. Petersburg - Edit

Nice little café with great atmosphere and friendly English-speaking staff. Good choice of (mostly vegan) food and a small corner selling other products. Ah, and it's super cheap - we only paid around 10 dollars for 5 dishes including sides. A great find that saved our dinner on our first night in St. Petersburg.

Best spot in St. Petersburg - Edit

I went here numerous times and loved it each time. There was nothing I didn't like.

Caution: they count honey as "vegan," so you'll have to ask about that, especially for the desserts.

Staff members are friendly, speak a little English, and there are signs indicating what is vegan/veg.

Pros: Friendly, No meat

Cons: Counts honey as vegan

Recommend it - Edit

Loved this place! Unfortunately we only found it on our last day in St Petersburg. There were a lot of vegan choices, probably 80 % of the food on display was vegan. The person at the counter spoke excellent English and was very knowledgeable about veganism and willing to help us. That's rare in Russia!

The food was fresh and tasty. We ended up paying about 1500 rubles for many many dishes, including a pot of tea and vegan desserts, so I think it was pretty reasonable for a location this close to the center.

I fully recommend this place, for example before or after the Hermitage, bc it's located conveniently close to Nevskiy Prospekt subway stop and within a walking distance from the museum complex.

Pros: lots of vegan choices, friendly staff, reasonably priced

Cons: not 100 % vegan

Some Good, Typical Russian Dishes, Veggie-Style! - Edit

We ate here twice (good location) and had enough choices for good meals, each time. The first time we went was a little later in the evening so they didn't have quite the variety of dishes. Very filling- we tried potatoes, good bread, soups, salads, maybe a lentil/bean ball thing? (have pictures but can't remember!), ratatouille, straganoff, tofu, lasagna and that ever-requisite buffet staple, the strawberry drink!

Very friendly staff will help to choose vegan options (almost everything is vegan). Also, nicely decorated-- artsy.

Pros: Location, Some typical Russian dishes, Lots of options

Worth a try - Edit

Eating here was a good experience. You pass by the buffet with plenty of options upon entering, which makes it easier to choose than from a printed menu: what you see is what you get. Then you order what you like, pay, and walk to the dining area behind where comfortable seats and tables are waiting. The food turned out not to be hot, so I wanted to heat it up in the microwave, that's standing there. Had no clue, however, to turn it on, because I cannot read Russian. So after a couple of tries, I decided to leave it, and it the food luke warm. A later guest walked up to the same machine, hit one button, and there it went. So it must not have been too complicated. I could have asked, but because English is not widely spoken here, I decided not to.
The food tasted alright and the portions were okay. The atmosphere inside was relaxed, I felt pleasant in here. The prices were on the higher side, but the quality does merit that.

Pros: Good food, Plenty of options, Easy to choose from the buffet

Cons: Food is not really hot, Pricing at the higher end of the scale

Good food! - Edit

Ate here twice when in St Petersburg and both times were very satisfying. The vegan options in the buffet were clearly labelled and they were all delicious. They also have masala tea here and it's amazing. Staff were also very friendly. I would recommend eating here if you're in the area.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Clearly labelled

Great place for vegan! - Edit

THe service is really polite, loads of vegan salads, hot dishes, pies, cookies, raw cakes, lassi on offer. Everything tasty + healthy + cheap. Raw cakes really nice. Russian style food with an Indian touch. I go every day when I visit St Petersburg. Strong coffee with soyamilk. They accept Visa/Mastercard, toilet is relatively ok in Russian standars. It is open until 23pm I think (check this - I have only been there on afternoons). It is just behind the Kazan Cathedral. Highly recommended!

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Great Raw Cakes, Strong coffee

Good fast food - Edit

I've been there twice. It's a really good vegan buffet. Lots of nice foods, I highly recommend to try vegan lasagna and 'vegstroganoff' made of seitan. It also serves soy milk coffee.

Pros: vegan fast food, not pricey, close to the historical center

Cons: sometimes they run out of desserts

Awesome Prices For Delicious Food - Edit

Cafeteria style service was offputting at first but the food here was absolutely amazing from their salads to main and even their deserts. Prices were also extremely inexpensive which made the experience even better. Staff speak small amounts of English too which is helpful. Most food is vegan though they do have a few vegetarian selections.

Pros: Inexpensive, Delicious, Good Atmosphere

Cons: WiFi Was A Little Slow

Return to St Petersburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Samadeva closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.