Salsateria Rebel Foods

519-824-0244

10 Wyndham St N, Guelph, Ontario, Canada, N1H 4E3

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has a vegetarian curry, a burrito with jerk tofu and hot sauce, and the salsa you can buy by the container as well. Previously on Cork St. Open Mon-Fri 12:00am-2:00am, Mon-Thu 11:00am-12:00am, Sat-Sun 9:00am-2:00pm, Sat-Sun 2:00pm-12:00am, Sun 12:00am-2:00am.

Category: Lacto, Western, Fast food, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by Soviet Canuckistan

two out of three dishes excellent - Edit

Dined at Salsateria last night. It was a Friday night so the place was busy but we found a table outside, which was nice. Shared three of their vegan dishes with my husband: red lentil curry soup, vegan nacho basket and vegan dutch tempeh sandwich. The soup was delicious, spicy, full of lentils - very good! The nachos were also good - lots of black beans, guac, salsa all mixed together. The only downside of the nachos is that the bottom gets soggy and the paper they line the basket with starts to come apart so your last few bites can have ripped paper in them. The vegan dutch tempeh sandwich was just ok - I wouldn't order it again. The tempeh is in small pieces and falls out as you're trying to eat it, plus it's very bread heavy, and I'm not a big bread lover (too many empty calories). The service was a bit slow, perhaps because it was a Friday night but not a big deal. All in all, a very good vegan meal with a nice location and ambiance.

Pros: vegan soup and nachos excellent, nice location

Cons: washrooms need cleaning, outdoor table very unstable, service a bit slow

I concur! - Edit

The review below is quite accurate.
The veggie jerk burrito is the bee's knees. Even if you opt (as I do) for a diary-free version, it's a solid choice.
You may find yourself waiting at times as it can get busy. But hey, it is worth it.

Pros: great food, good prices, friendly staff

Cons: sometimes the wait

I think I'm addicted to their hot sauce - Edit

I'm the person who submitted Salsateria when I was shocked the other day to see that it is not listed. The vegetarian burrito with jerk tofu is something I practically mainline everytime I'm in Guelph.

Because it is located to a lot of bars, at night it's often crammed full of drunks looking to feed their munchies but during the day it's usually very quick service.

I have also had their mini bean burrito many times which is also insanely addictive. Because it's a local company and not some obscene chain I like to support it often, and because it's a karma positive 'type' place, very little attitude and a friendly owner; I encourage people to buy the salsa to enjoy at home if they find themselves with an opportunity to go there since I'm sure he has a great margin on that.

If Rudolpho ever makes an attempt to open another sit down restaurant I would be first in line to try it.

Pros: great food, cheap, nice staff

Cons: small space, sometimes too many drunks in line

Return to Guelph Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Salsateria Rebel Foods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.