Salsa Loca

985-288-0190

2852 Carey St, Slidell, Louisiana, USA, 70458

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mexican food restaurant off of Fremaux in Slidell with parking. Pleasant atmosphere, heaters on outside deck. Has black bean hummus, grilled veggies fajita, chips, salsa, and guacamole. Taco salad can be veganized. Note that the refried beans are not vegan.

Categories: Lacto, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by vegbaker

Good food! - Edit

I went here with my non-veg family and was pretty happy with the meal. They have black bean hummus! I didn't get it as we were enjoying the chips and salsa, but definitely something to keep in mind for next time. I got a taco salad without the sour cream, cheese, refried beans, or avocado ranch, got extra guac and black beans and salsa. Very tasty! I was also pleasantly surprised that the waiter not only wasn't confused by a vegan question, but knew right away that the black beans and rice were not vegan. The fajitas looked pretty tasty and I just may have to get that next time. Pleasant atmosphere, helpful staff, tasty food.

Pros: tasty, pleasant atmosphere, helpful staff

Return to Slidell Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Salsa Loca closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.