• Salsa Bar and Grill

Asian
Gluten-free
Australian
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. An open air restaurant with lots of vegan meals. Does not have a specific menu but all staff are knowledgeable and most things can be made vegan. Open Mon 5:30pm-11:30pm, Thu 5:30pm-11:30pm, Fri-Sun 12:00pm-11:30pm. Closed Tues-Wed.

Venue map for Salsa Bar and Grill
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by Addie_avocado

AlexGulizia

Points +22

20 Apr 2021

Good options

Seperate vegan menu but you just have to ask for it

dothehamsa

Points +300

05 Feb 2021

Acceptable

Before the pandemic, Salsa had a separate vegan menu. They decided to get rid of it because it was ostensibly too much work to sanitise all these menus after use, as staff are now required to do. This is was the waiter told me.
So I got told off for not warning them I was vegan when the booking was made, but I'm not bothered! I prefer to just barge in, demand vegetables, and be a general pain in the [censored]. That's what being vegan is all about, right? (Really I just heard there was a separate menu so i didn't bother to request special provisions).
To my utter delight and immense gratitude, the chef was able to make a special gnocchi for me. It was honestly quite delicious. A three star lunch.
However, I was dissatisfied with the restaurant environment. A noisy fountain, noisy patrons, noisy noise from the kitchen. It made conversation with my hard of hearing old folks nearly impossible.

Addie_avocado

Points +76

12 Jan 2021

The best vegan food in Port Douglas

What an amazing experience we had. From the moment we walked in, waiters were very attentive, gave me many options to choose from. The bar staff even made 2 veganised cocktails to try. The Mango one was so good.
I had the popcorn cauliflower bites with a spice dressing. This was incredible, the cauliflower pieces were crispy tempura, rolled in crunchy rice puffs and lightly deep fried. Drizzled with a spicey dressing, like Chipotle or Capsicum and green sprouts.
I also had the Laksa which was made vegan, with lot a of veggies.
You MUST book here, as it's very popular.