SALADee

491/14-15 Silom Plaza GF, Silom Road, Bangrak, Bangkok, Thailand, 10500

Serves meat, vegan options available. Health food menu with vegetarian meals and brown rice offered; no MSG. Free Wi-Fi. Open Mon-Sat 10:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Japanese, Thai, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by Kazi

Not that veggie-friendly - Edit

The menu must have changed from the review that said there were explicit vegan options on the menu-- there is a page at the end with a menu key with different diets, but you have to explicitly ask the staff which menu options fit your diet. That said, the food is intentionally flavored very lightly and I found what I ate to be quite tasty as I think the best Japanese dishes with delicate flavoring are. I was definitely satisfied by the meal I ate here.

Updated from previous review on 2016-11-21

Pros: friendly staff, Delicious, delicate flavoring

Cons: Hard to tell what is vegan from the menu

Simple, friendly - Edit

Good food, reasonable choice, friendly welcome, correct price, well worth a detour.

Pros: Friendly, Tasty, Reasoanble price

Worst dining experience, what a disappointment! - Edit

Using my happy cow app I found another restaurant which was not too far away from us: Saladee, with all the traffic it would have still taken quite some time getting there so I decided to get the food delivered. I checked their website online to see their menu and found a link with the ''delivery'' menu.
I used the website food by phone, created an online account within two minutes and was able to easily order my food. The estimated delivery time was 1 hour and 15 minutes and the food arrived in time.
When the food finally arrived I was super disappointed. I ordered pumpkin soup, eggplant with ginger and carrot rice. Even considering Thai standards the portions were tiny! The rice arrived completely cold and was not cooked properly, the soup had almost no taste, and was finished after 5 spoons. The eggplant did not taste of ginger at all, just burnt. The food also arrived without any cuttlery which is another problem living in a hotel.
I paid a total of 335 baht including delivery, Saladee was a complete waste of money and I will definitely never visit their restaurant or order again. Don't bother!!

Cons: tiny portions for a lot of money, food was delivered cold, did not have any taste

very expensive - Edit

The portions are very very small (even small for thailand).
So a real man needs 4 or more portions.
The price for 1 portion is normal-expensive but the size is very small what makes it in the end very expensive. For two portions and a water i paid 400 BHT and was not sated.
The taste was good but nothing special. Fresh taste. Less fat.

Pros: less fat, fresh taste, friendly staff

Cons: very small portions, too expensive

Various authentic healthy foods. - Edit

At this restaurant every piece of menu is sorted out according to the type of diet you're into: vegan, ovo-lacto vegetarian, oriental vegetarian, pesco vegetarian or maybe you want to avoid oils etc...
And whatever type it is, all menu is well considered to be quite healthy, tasty and beautifully dished up!
So you can invite your friends/customers/business partners whose diet is a bit different than yours, and have him/her try to enjoy new kinds of dishes. For example if you're vegan and your customer usually eat fish, take him/her here. You can be at home and he/she'll also feel relaxed being your guest. And he/she may try vegan foods too.
I had a vegan sandwich set including pumpkin soup(you can choose others), 3 kinds of assorted little dishes and mixed fruits. Grilled vegetables inside is a perfect fit for bread toasted light brown, and pink beetroot sauce makes the sandwich more attractive.
The restaurant is inside "Silom Plaza". You'll find a standing signboard on the sidewalk, then go into "Silom Plaza" just 10 meter. You'll find the restaurant on the right hand.
I assure you'll be content with both the taste of foods and the reasonable price.
I rated 4 cows because the maximum rating for the restaurant which includes non-veggie dishes according to the policy of HappyCow is 4 cows in spite of the fact I only choose vegan menus at this restaurant!!

Pros: excellent food, very healthy, beautifully dished up

Return to Bangkok Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has SALADee closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.