CLOSED: Salad Farm

909-621-1770

383 W Bonita Ave, Claremont, California, USA, 91711

Serves meat, vegan options available. Salad bar restaurant with multiple locations. Could customize your salad. Also offers panini, quesadilla, baked potatoes (dairy). Reported closed to HappyCow. Open Mon-Fri 10:00am-9:00pm, Sat 11:00am-9:00pm, Sun 11:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Lacto, American, Salad bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by jennamichelle1

CLOSED! - Edit

This place is closed down which is good because the food was lousy. Will keep an eye out for what goes in next, fingers crossed its vegan.

Not the Veg-Friendly Place You'd Expect - Edit

With a name like Salad Farm, you'd think they would have plenty of options for vegans and vegetarians alike. But no, there are more options at your local Del Taco than there are here. The menu is filled to the brim with meat, seems meat is the topping of choice for salads here. The staff seemed annoyed with my questions regarding the cheese and sauce in the sandwiches, to the point where I changed my order to only tea.

The whole point of me going there was to meet someone, and as soon as that was over I got up and walked over to Loving Hut. There are so many options in the Claremont Village, even Dr. Grubb's just next door is a better alternative, and The Press is not too far either. There is no reason for veggies to have to resort to this place. Even if you don't mind paying for nothing extraordinary, the poor service is enough for me to warn everyone about this place.

Pros: The door to leave is easy to access

Cons: Rude Staff, Poor Selection, Better options within walking distance

Check the salad dressing ingredients - Edit

I was so excited when this place opened because I love a good salad. When I went, I explained I have a dairy allergy and asked which dressing I could have. The owner said the Ranch was vegan. I kind of raised an eyebrow and said....really? She tried to convince me they all were vegan. I asked if she could check the ingredients, but she said she didn't need to.

I'm pretty certain the ranch wasn't vegan. They aren't a vegan restaurant and don't have anything "vegan" on the menu. In fact, they only had one vegetarian salad listed on the menu, which took me by surprise. I was too nervous to order because she wouldn't check the ingredients. I would say to be cautious if you eat here and are dairy free, or stick to a dressing that you think is safe, like olive oil and vinegar.

The salad toppings were basic toppings you would expect to find at a salad bar. Mushrooms, olives, chickpeas, peas, things like that.

Pros: customizable salad

Cons: staff not knowledgable

Return to Claremont Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Salad Farm closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.