First Review by HaileyPoLa

love it! - Edit

This is my favourite vegetarian in Hanoi. Love the pomelo salad, crispy rolls, hot pot and tofu with mushrooms.

The portions are big and the price is good.

good flavours, small portions - Edit

Our drinks came after the food(30 minutes after ordering). We ordered hot and sour soup and it was mostly broth with very few other ingredients, although it was pretty tasty. Braised chicken were little"drumsticks" with a good lemongrass flavour. Braised bok choy and mushrooms was again a very small portion and a good flavour, only a few tiny pieces of mushrooms.. All in all, good quality but disappointing on the quantity.

Updated from previous review on 2016-10-15

Nice atmosphere with good food - Edit

I like the atmosphere here and the food is good as well.

I tried the pomelo salad as an appetizer, but it was too salty for me. I also ordered "crab" noodle which was light and nice, although I did not care for the sausage looking thing in the soup.

Two staffs spoke good English and very friendly.

Pros: Many different fresh squeezed juice, Noodle soup

Cons: Food could be too salty, Toilet area can be improved

Great restaurant - Edit

Small restaurant hidden away from the main road. Clean and nice interior. Have a good menu. Our food was tasty but the portions were a bit small for me.

Beautiful with reasonable prices - Edit

The ambience here is nice, with vintage furniture and art. The food was all good, and surprisingly reasonably priced.

Wonderful - Edit

We tried this place after finding it on Happy Cow and we were not disappointed. A lovely quaint little place shame we were the only ones in there it was 6pm on a Saturday. The staff were lovely and the food was delicious very tasty even our very picky 4 year old enjoyed her noodles and mock fish. Definitely recommend.

Pros: Quirky, Friendly English speaking staff

tasty rice! - Edit

Came here with only spending 30,000-40,000 in mind as I do for most (vegan) meals about Hanoi. Although dishes are 35-45,000 ea. the staples are served separately from the mains. So for noodles and tofu you would order 1 noodle dish and 1 tofu dish just as an example. They're definitely not targeting my type of el cheapo vego, great cutesy decore and English speaking staff if that's a worry for you. Don't mind a bit of flamenco with my flavoursome curried rice either, don't mind a bit. Would come back on a special occasion, worth a look if you're not in town long. Quiet as hell but it's a Monday night. Just back from the main road but still a bit of noise filtering through. All in all very pleasant but not the feast I have become used to for a few bucks.

Pros: clean, discovery, Vietnamese entrepreneurs

Cons: need to buy 2 dishes for a 'full' meal

My fav vegan place in hanoi so far - Edit

well, this one was is great. although it is empty most of the time, the food is delicious, staff super friendly (with decent english) and their menu contains dozens of options for fair prices (usually between 35k - 60k), been there three times last week, gonna be back.

Pros: Rich menu, Staff, Prices

Delicious and affordable - Edit

I'm in Hanoi for 2 weeks. I've dined at many vegetarian restaurants. This had been one of my favourites. The soups, especially the tofu mushroom is the best ever. The Vietnamese fried rolls amazing.
The lemongrass rice and the braised spicy tofu.
The menu is in English. The staff are so kind and speak good English.
I can't wait to go back again and try more of their food.
Extremely affordable.

I love this place - Edit

Super nice and cozy restaurant with yummy food. I love the fried tofu, Yangzhou style fried rice, pho rolls, curry fried rice, vegetarian crab noodle, and basically everything I've tried there! I've been there 4 times in 4 days and I'm sure I'll go there more! :)

Pros: nice food, friendly staff , clean environment

Return to Hanoi Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sala Quan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.