First Review by vegsdnjoms

Way nice place - Edit

Three of us went here together. We all loved it, even though my two friends aren't even vegetarian or vegan. Pho, stir fry, samosas, juice, tea -- all really good. Reasonably priced ed, and comfortable.

Pros: Good food. Good service.

Nice surprise - Edit

Exceeded our expectations. We got more than our money's worth of flavours and service, and I would definitely recommend it. The only downside was the lack of condiments at the table, but the meals were almost perfectly seasoned anyway so it didn't matter much.

Do note that here, as like at so many other restaurants in Berlin, cash is king.

Pros: Priceworthy, Delicious

Cons: Cash only, No condiments

sehr lecker und günstig - Edit

auch für Studenten sehr günstig.
das essen war sehr lecker und schnell bereitet.
mit Vorspeise und Cocktail haben wir pro Person unter 15€ bezahlt

Pros: viel vegan, sehr lecker, günstig

Cons: an belebter Straße

Good - Edit

I went to Sala for an early dinner with my family a couple of weeks ago. The atmosphere and the staff are friendly, the food was fine, maybe not spectacular, but pretty good. I had a Pho soup which was heavy with noodles and somewhat indistinct. It was fine, but I have had more flavour, herbs and spices in soups of this kind. Still: a good place. Maybe not worth travelling long distance.

Pros: Food is good, Friendly staff

best Vietnamese in town - Edit

I tasted several vegan Vietnamese in Berlin and this is absolutely the one I prefer. Here you can really taste the freshness of all the ingredients and the people who run it are super nice.

Pros: taste, ingredients, cost

excellent! - Edit

Had summer rolls for starters and a noodle dish for mains. The summer rolls were fantastic! The main was very good too. Very tasty fried tofu and and seitan, nicely presented and all very fresh. Great pricing too!

Pros: tasty, fresh, cheap!

go here everytime i'm in Berlin - Edit

I'm never disappointed by this place. Everytime I'm in Berlin, since i discovered it, I go here, bring friends along and everyone is impressed. Truly amazed by the flavours, the variety, and the price. It just makes me so happy!

Pros: delicious, Well priced, great hours

Cons: it's in berlin

отлично! - Edit

Большие порции, готовят вкусно. Очень рекомендую Curry и Kho to. Цены демократичные. Внутри простенько, любимым местом вряд ли станет, но несколько раз точно можно пообедать/поужинать. Плюс, что работают по выходным и допоздна.

WONDERFUL. - Edit

Generous portions, insanely flavourful food and super reasonable pricing! The pho was YUM and full of delicious mushroom, tofu and beancurd strips. Can't wait to go back! The lady who served me was a real sweetheart too x

Excellent! - Edit

After a recommendation from a friend, and reading many good reviews, I was quite excited to eat at Sala. It didn't disappoint. The food was delicious. I had samosas/dumplings to start which was lovely and a rice dish with so many vegetables and perfectly cooked tofu as a main. Not only was there a good selection of food, but there were some really nice drinks on offer too. I had a homemade lemonade. My partner and I both had 2 courses and a drink and the bill came to about 20 euros, so excellent value especially as the portions were so huge!

Pros: Delicious food, Big portions, Great value

Incredible! - Edit

We picked Sala as it was close to our hotel, just off of Kurfürstendamm. This was the most delicious, warming Vietnamese meal I've ever eaten, and one of the best restaurants offering vegan options. We had two starters and two mains for under €20, and the portion sizes are HUGE! Wonderful calm atmosphere, and the food is fresh and incredibly cooked. We visited a number of times whilst in Berlin because it was so good! Definitely deserving of 5 stars *****

Pros: Taste!, So cheap, Portion sizes

Cons: Couldn't try everything I wanted to!

SUPERB!!! - Edit

Wow!
Thanks to the previous reviewer, we almost went somewhere else.
This has to be the best meal I have eaten in years. Without sounding like a muppet, I have been a vegan chef for 20 years and I own my own restaurant, the food here is AMMAAAAZZIIINNNNGG!!
When I eventually move to Berlin I will make sure it is near Sala so I can eat here all the time.

Insanely good - Edit

If you haven't been here just go.

Since coming here, I've just been trying to think up any and every excuse to make my way back to Berlin. It's been years since I had Pho, and I was so happy to have some, but this surpassed all expectations. It was so delicious, so filling and very well priced. I have no idea what I had I just aske the server for a recommendation.

Pros: Insanely good Pho, well priced, fast and friendly service

Cons: Berlin is so far for me, Makes you want to move there

Great service & delicious food! - Edit

We paid only 30 Euros for two starters, two main dishes and drinks. And the food was fresh and wonderful! Had a nice chat with the owner and hope many people will find this little gem in the western part of Berlin! Most of the dishes are vegan. Their homemade seitan is superb!

Just amazing! - Edit

Wow does this place really exist? In Ku'dam of all places? And almost everything on the menu is vegan and the prices are, compared to the neighbourhood, dirt cheap! (ten euros for main course + meal. hint: for a couple it's more than enough to take two starters and a main dish. The plates are huge.)

The service is outstanding. The staff is lovely. The place is too dark, but cozy. The food is amazing. And there are hardly any guests, ever, so please help them and eat here!

Pros: great food, low prices, lovely staff and service

Cons: place too dark, not many customers...., worried if they can make it

Really fresh, tasty, inexpensive - Edit

If we discovered it earlier, we'd have taken all our meals at Sala. We have been twice there, ate really a lot, even quite exotic things I didn't know before, like stuffed betel leafs, and then very good soups and desserts. Everything was simply delicious. We paid 25€ for 2 very full bellies, which is quite inexpensive for such a fresh and tasty meal :)
I couldn't even discover vegetarian dishes, what we ate was vegan.

Pros: very fresh, inexpensive, tastes wonderful

Cons: I couldn't say any cons

Worth a try - Edit

Could be just one among many thai vegetarian places in berlin, but
it's not. They have a good variety (not too big, which is also good)
of dishes, being most of them vegan.

We had a glass noodle dish with tofu wrapped in some leaves and a rice
dish with many different kinds of mushrooms, which turned out to be
mind blowing.

The shakes (also available with vegan milk) are very good as well.

Price very affordable: around 10€ main dish+drink

Pros: Delicious food, Service, Cheap

Cons: Location (if you don't live in the west)

What a food!! - Edit

The TUBI was there, opposite the VEGGIE'S, then suddenly both closed. Where 2go?
Lucky 2 find another VEG-friendly location opened near our home base.
Food is very tasty, very creative combinations and man: you're not going home hungry!!

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sala closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.