Saigon Vegan - Vo Van Tan

Contact 38344473

378/3 Vo Van Tan, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam,

Vegan except for cow milk offered for coffee. At the alley Nguyen Dinh Chieu off Vo Van Tan, you'll find this vegan food restaurant with a modern space and air conditioning. Suitable also for business lunch or dinner. The owners are strictly vegan. Offers extensive menu with food like pho, carmelized tofu dish, hot pot. Has Wi-Fi (as of Jul 2016). Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Vietnamese

First Review by +++VeGaNiSaToR+++

Happy Cat - Edit

I really enjoyed the low key atmosphere, the simple tasty food (no worries about having to figure out which dishes are vegan), the friendly staff, and I loved how sweet they were being to a little cat. One of my favorite dining experiences so far in Ho Chi Minh City.

Decent restaurant - Edit

I came here a couple of times when I returned to Saigon and thought I'd gone mad because I couldn't find the one on Bùi Viện where I'd eaten only two weeks before. I could talk about varied experiences at the old restaurant, which would probably be relevant, but I'll treat the new one separately. The space is bigger and more pleasant than the original, but the air conditioning doesn't seem to be used effectively. When I came there for lunch on a very hot day they had the air conditioners off in the hottest parts. The menu is much the same, but they don't have bánh mì or smoothies, which was very disappointing for me. The dishes I tried - fresh and fried spring rolls, crispy sautéed noodles, and a range of tofu, mushroom and vegetable dishes - were all tasty, decently portioned and moderately, if not cheaply, priced. Plenty of menu items to try and I'd put this place pretty high on the list of places for vegans to visit in Saigon.

Pros: Decent food

Cons: Air conditioning not used effectively

great food - Edit

I had the sauted pumpkin and it was perfect. I love pumpkin and they made it just right. I really recommend that store. very nice location and the staff was very helpful (even if the English wasn't that good).

Great place - Edit

We had fried rice, the sweet and sour soup (I forget the name) with tomato and mushrooms, and spring rolls. The spring rolls here were by far the best I had in vietnam. They were nicely seasoned on the inside with lots of fresh herbs and greens and not dry. I really liked the soup as well. Would pass on the fried rice.

The hours are nice they are open a bit later than average.
Fair price

Saigon Vegan - Võ Văn Tần - Edit

I had dinner here this evening with my other half. She and I both thoroughly enjoyed it. To eat we had a lotus salad, spring rolls (one each) and a tofu in clay pot dish. This was washed down with a mixed fruit juice for me and a juice drink for her. It came to 200 000 dong.

The guy serving was very nice, helpful and pleasant in a quiet smiling sort of way. The girl behind the counter who came out to help was also very nice. There was music playing in the background that wasn't out of synch with the vibe of the place.

I went to Saigon Vegan in district 1 a few days ago. It turned out it wasn't all vegan. I wish I had asked about this place.

Pros: Tasty vegan food, Pleasant & helpful service, Nice atmo

Saigon Vegan Review - Edit

Man this place went down hill. The service got worse and worse. There is a little Vietnamese boy there who mows you down on his bicycle when you are walking in the door and swears like a trooper. I swear a lot and it made me blush. The staff just don't seem to care. The building is nice but not worth sitting there to be ignored in the noise which is reminiscent of a Vietnamese market.

If I could score it lower I would. They need to sort themselves out. I have had hair in my food there and also ate breakfast one morning with rice which was yesterdays it was so hard yellow and was meant to be white rice.

Saigon Vegan have good food. The atmosphere in the restaurant is good when not crowded. When crowded, which is most of the time these days, you feel like you are sitting in a market, very loud. The staff do not speak English, but the menu has pictures.
Updated from previous review on Monday December 19, 2011

Pros: Building is nice

Cons: No English, Noisy, Food hit and miss

lovely - Edit

Lovely restaurant, with very trendy decor. The staff are lovely and the food is good. We Went a few times, tried the Mekong River Soup, curry, mixed vegetables with rice, Pho, lunch set and banana cake. All good! Not cheap, but you get good service and a good atmosphere. Meals between 40000 and 70000 VND

Another gem on Vo Van Tan! - Edit

Two of my favourite veg restaurants in the city are on Vo Van Tan already and having found out about Saigon Vegan on HC, I can now say it's another favourite of mine on Vo Van Tan.

Lovely atmosphere, with wooden beams and pictures of famous vegans. Friendly staff and the best noodle soups I've had in Saigon so far - can definitely recommend the pho, bun cha gio and the curry noodle soup - all so comforting and divine!

Pros: Delicious noodle soups - all vegan!, Nice atmopshere, Friendly staff

Delicious vegan pho noodles - Edit

I have been here numerous times and always order the pho noodles because they are so authentic & delicious. The food is expensive by Vietnamese standards, but cheap by just about every other standards. Definitely worth a visit if in HCMC.

Pros: Amazing pho noodles, Pleasant dining experience, Great value

Large menu, good food - Edit

I went here several times and always loved it. You can either choose typical Vietnamese dishes or a few Western ones, like pasta with tomato sauce. There is also WIFI available and the tables are large so that I even worked there for an hour on my laptop.

Please note that the second branch in district 10 does not exist anymore although it's still on their website and on their business cards.

Pros: Menu

Good restaurant - Edit

Been there a couple of times. Very nice setting. Large choice of menu with pictures and in English.
The food is good but the sautéed dishes are too oily. The prices are a bit higher than other places but still reasonable.
Definetely worth a visit.

Pros: good food, nice setting, quick service

Delicious HOT POT, good Food - Edit

Been there once and shared a HotPot for two (160.000) with my better half. Was tasty, good mock meat and fresh taste.
They even offer alcohol free beer and overall the restaurant was very clean.

Pros: Price, Atmosphere, Clean

Love this spot! - Edit

Just the kind of comfortable, affordable vegan oasis a vegan might imagine when dreaming of Saigon. Extensive menu and good service. Had a chat with the very friendly owner who told me a bit his family and the restaurant.

Pros: Vegan, Affordable, English spoken

Cons: A bit tough to find

My favorite Vegetarian Place in the city! - Edit

I can really recommend this place not only for their friendly service but also for the good food. The Spring Rolls (Bi Cuon) are the best in town, I love them. Try the Tomato Soup and one of the best is the Fried Brown Rice (Com Gao Luc).

I eat there at least once a week! The best, inexpensive vegetarian restaurant. Note: As in all Vegetarian places here: On 15 and 28 (?) of the lunar calendar, it is very crowded as it is a traditional vegetarian day.

Pros: Very good food, Nice Service

Cons: a bit hidden 50 m in the side street

nice place - Edit

Was staying close to this restaurant. It was worth going here, full vegan menu and nice servers. Some of the best vegan Vietnamese food I tried. The pho was good and the fresh spring rolls also very nice.

Pros: cheap, friendly, all vegan

Nice food and peaceful atmosphere - Edit

I was lucky to go there with a Vietnamese friend, as the staff doesn't speak super good english. The food was very nice and fresh. The place felt nice and clean. They were selling a selection of handmade white cotton bags outside. I recommend this place for sure. It felt nice,modern, clean and all they did was veggie/vegan, and it didn't involve fake meat all the way like most places in Ho chi Minh city! So go for it if you want healthy food, yes!

Pros: cheap, nice food, clean!

Cons: Staff doesn't speak excellent english, but it's ok you can always talk with , your hands and mime and the food is good

Good food, poor service - Edit

I don't think is a Supreme Master place any more; no posters or television anyway!

The food here is really tasty but the service was poor. The waiters were far too busy flirting with a group of customers and it took us ages to get our bill. The quality of the food made up for it though; great salad, crispy fried noodles, good tofu, would recommend as long as you aren't in a hurry!

Pros: Good food

Cons: Indifferent service

in the center - Edit

Part of international chain of veggie food restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for vegetarian living (Be Veg, Go Green, Save the planet).
open for breakfast.
good but expensive, staff who doesn't speak english and often it miss what you want.

Return to Ho Chi Minh City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Saigon Vegan - Vo Van Tan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3615 times since Sep 2010.