Saigon Rendezvous

Contact 360-352-1989

117 5th Ave, Olympia, Washington, USA, 98501

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has a vegetarian menu with mockmeats and tofu. Lunch menu and daily specials. Non-smoking. Call for hours - tell us.

Category: Chinese, Thai, Beer/Wine, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by aubysmas

Great food in Downtown Olympia - Edit

This little place is amazing! A complete vegetarian menu with mock meats, including prawns. It is delicious and theservings are generous. Pleasant atmosphere and friendly service. Don't miss it!

Pros: grest selection of vegan items, vegetarian menu clearly displayed, delicious

if you are desperate - Edit

I'm not from the area, so can't compare this place to others nearby, but I hope Olympians have better options. We walked in at 8:00; they close at 9:00, and it was clear they had goes to go home early. We were rushed into ordering. Food came quickly, and was really not cooked enough. Crisp veggies are one thing; raw is another. Our bill arrived while we were only half done, and when she saw we hadn't looked at it, the owner asked if we could pay then. We were still eating! That said, portions are huge & prices very reasonable.

great stuff - Edit

Lady who runs it is great and the food. Well it's not fancy but it's tasty honest Chinese (mainly) style food. We got dinner deal for two which was more food than we could eat. Will go back asap

Pros: cheap, tasty, good service

Good old place with lots of choices - Edit

Nice employees offering large number of Vegan choices. The menu is quite extensive so hopefully you can find something for everyone. Portion size was very good and prices were pretty good. I had the Soba noodles fried with vegetables and my friend had the sampler plate with fake meat. They were both pretty good.

The waitress was very nice and took a lot of time explaining about the food and showing us other dishes as she was on the way to deliver them to other tables. The Vegan hot and sour soup was intriguing - maybe I will try it next time.

Pros: Large vegan menu, reasonably priced - large portions, Staff helpful and enthusiastic

Cons: Lots of items are fried

Lots to choose from - Edit

I love Saigon Rendezvous! They have a large vegetarian menu with items that mimic the regular Vietnamese/Chinese menu items by using seiten and tofu. My favorites are the almond chicken, spring roll with peanut sauce, bbq pork appetizer, tofu w/rice and veg, and fried rice. Most of the entrees can be 2 meals if you don't have a large appetite. The food does not seem greasy to me (I don't do well with greasy food) especially compared to most Chinese-style restaurants. Usually quick service, nice portions, and always good prices.

Pros: Variety, Value

Cons: Parking

Crispy Fried Goodness - Edit

Tons of veggie options...loads of fried fake meat. I enjoy it and all the sauces and my stomach aches and aches after...

Pros: lots of choices

Cons: stomach ache, few veggies

Only if you're in the fried mood. - Edit

fried fake chxn fingers and ss sauce or good if thats what you're going for.
Other than that, our fried rice was boring, veggies were fresh but so oily i couldn't tast them and the fresh spring rolls were yucky! The peanut dipping sauce was also a disapppointment.
we'll only go here again just for a basket of fried tofu when in the need for serious comfort food. for anything fresh or healthy we'll go elsewhere.

Pros: lots of fake meats

Cons: too greasy, even for me., bland., always feel sick after.

Return to Olympia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Saigon Rendezvous closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2631 times since Aug 2007.