Sai Than Boon

Contact 0936786360

117/1 Patak Rd, Phuket, Thailand, 83100

Jay (veg) restaurant opened 2015 offering a la carte menu with English one & photos available. Reported fully vegan, Oct 2016. Sells a few meat replacements and sauces. Directions: going up Kade Kwan Rd to Patak Rd it's on the other side of the road and slightly to the left. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Thai, Take-out

First Review by Kelly Kelly

Fantastic vegan food - Edit

This is a gem of a place for vegan travellers (the restaurant is 100% vegan). The menu (there is an English one, as well as one with photos) is extensive and every meal we tried was delicious. They have traditional Thai meals, as well as pasta dishes and dishes ideal for sharing, like tempura. No meal was more than 70 Baht, and many were as low as 50 Baht. This is truly great value for money. The restaurant is on a busy road so it is quite noisy, but the service is friendly, and there is free drinking water available.

Pros: Excellent food, Great value for money, Friendly service

Cons: On a busy road, so quite noisy

Loved it! - Edit

The food here is delicious, options change every day, prices are great, and the staff are all very friendly.

If you choose rice + 2 items from the bar, it should be 50-60 baht, depending on what you get. Options vary, change by the day, and I didn't try anything that I didn't like.

My only negative is that you can tell the food was cooked a while ago and isn't kept hot. The later you go, the cooler the food is. Could be improved.

However, GREAT food.

Closed Saturdays.

Pros: No meat, Friendly

Cons: Food isn't kept hot

Yummy vegan food - Edit

Sai Than Boon Vegetarian Restaurant
No sign in English > one banner that says Youta Vegetarian which I think is an ad for vegetarian mock meat products because I have seen the same banner at other veggie places.

(117/1?) 74 Patak Road, Karon, Phuket 83100 / within a kilometer North of Makro / opposite Ma La Tim Sum Restaurant / Beside Narin Food Halah Restaurant

093-678-6360 or 095-418-3973 or 087-279-6375

Clean, spacious, open walls, fans.

Friendly and good service the first time we were there. Second time we dealt with waiting about 40 minutes for our food. There was only one other table of 2 in the whole restaurant and about 3 take-aways while we were there. They served dish after dish to the other table. 8 in all. They had mounds of food they had not eaten but the dishes kept coming. Of course they could have given us at least a dish or two in between the other table’s dishes. The other table was paying their bill as our first dish arrived. Welcome to Thai style cooking > focus on only one table at a time while the rest wait.
Great variety of Thai veggie food. Mock meats used. Dozens of dishes to choose from.

White rice only.

Lots of photos with Thai names in main menu so just go for what looks good.

In the small menu English names but not as many main dishes.

Highest priced meal is 100b > most are in the 60b to 80b range

Juice 30b good

Tofu and veggie soup I pointed to. 60b – good size bowl, very fresh veggies, nice light flavor. Very tasty.

Corn fritters 40B Tasty but oily

Fried veggie and yellow noodles 50b Very good flavor.

Veggie Tempura 70b average tasting

Vegetarian Pork with Kale 70b I do not remember what bacon tastes like – 45 years since I have eaten any – but the taste of the mock bacon was very good. I couldn’t get down the kale part of the dish because of the strong spiciness. My companion really enjoyed it.

If they were online with trip advisor and facebook so even more people would know about them, they would probably be full. Great selection and very inexpensive!

See photos for pictures of some of the menu.

6am to 8am
( call ahead as sometimes the restaurant is used for special Buddhist events and not open the general public.)

Pros: Good food, Bargain pricing , Variety

Cons: Need to get service timing worked out, On main road > traffic noise

Return to Phuket Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sai Than Boon closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.