Vegan-friendly
Mexican
Fusion
Honey
Breakfast

Plant based restaurant where everything is vegan except for honey in a drink (jungle cider). Offers a mix of American and Mexican classics: burritos, tacos, pizza, burgers, weekend brunch and more. One of several outlets, this one est. 2012 is combined with KindKreme raw ice cream bar and also has a full bar. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-11:00pm.

Venue map for Sage Vegan Bistro and KindKreme
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by gr8vegan

LizMas614

Points +1380

15 Feb 2024

Great variety

Our friends took us here when visiting. We were super overwhelmed with the number of choices and variety of menu items we just ordered pizza (which was a mistake). Yes, it was great pizza, but we missed out on all the amazing entrees. We got to try some great cauliflower wings, pizza, and meatloaf, and they have a nice drink menu as well. The restaurant is beautiful, and we were able to sit at a large table outside since we had a group of 8. The service was fantastic and I would love to come back some day.

Pros: Large variety

SteveH

Points +17512

29 Dec 2023

Great place

Menu is massive. Food is great. Service is friendly. Easy plave to love.

HailCarbs666

Points +294

06 Dec 2023

Farm-to-table-to-my mouth!

Been coming here for years and have only ever been disappointed by the gluten free pizza crust. Won’t be getting that again. Everything else has been delicious. The Açaí bowl is delicious, taste like ice cream! The tofu scramble with the chilaquiles is great too. The nachos are delicious. And they now have a full bar! It’s nice to not have to worry about what drinks/spirits are vegan/not vegan. So get those mimosas and brews too! The Buffalo cauliflower seems to be a favorite across the board. I really enjoyed the lasagna this last time and my hibiscus mimosa.

Pros: All vegan, Many options, Full bar

Cons: No parking (but parking nearby), Can get crowded at times

sparklybeets

Points +389

25 Oct 2023

Wonderful

We got the shareable cauliflower plate. But just buffalo cauliflower. Easily shareable between 3 people.

Pros: Price was decent for a shareable

Michaella

27 Dec 2023

RisBurton

Points +947

07 Oct 2023

Loved Our Time in the LA Area Because of This Restaurant

We went there back in June of 2021. We really enjoyed the food. I don't know why I didn't post at the time, but I am making up for it up now.
I live in San Diego and have thought of this place often. I even called the company to see if they thought of expanding into San Diego County.

Updated from previous review on 2023-03-28

Pros: All the Vegan options , We had a good time with the food

Cons: Parking, if I recall

jessjess95

Points +24

06 Aug 2023

Hair in my food

I came to this spot religiously for months. Unfortunately the last time I
was there I found a hair in my hollandaise sauce. I was disgusted to say the least. I let my server know (he was so kind) and he told the manager on duty that day but she didn't seem to care. All she did was give me a $4 discount. I didn't expect get my whole meal free or anything but I also didn't
expect to find a hair in my food either. This was my favorite restaurant. I know they have more sage bistro's around LA but this was just a perfect location for me. I haven't been back since. So
gross.

Cons: Unsanitary, Hair in food, Bad management

JudoMike

Points +34

Vegetarian
12 Jul 2023

Worth the trip

Found this place on a random search. The atmosphere is great and definitely fits in with Dodger Stadium in the back drop. They played the game on the TV’s which just added to their overall appeal. I enjoyed the Chilaquiles and what I had of the Loaded Nachos. The shakes and drinks are great as well!

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff , Nice vibe

FemkeH

Points +57

26 May 2023

Nice place, good food

A very nice place, with nice people and a good atmosphere. The menu has lots of vegan options, relatively healthy and different types of foods so there is something for everyone. The price was acceptable for the amount of food, especially considering the area. Unfortunately, I didn't have the chance to try any of the beers they are selling, but those looked very appealing as well.

Pros: Nice people, Good atmosphere, Lots of options

NikiAlbon

Points +242

26 Mar 2023

Cauli-wings keep me coming back!

The Cauli wings (not the 3 wing platter!) are exquisite. In fact, they’re so good they’re almost mythical.

I have been 3 times and each time the wings start the meal.

This particular visit I had the avo cali pesto burger and it was good - the highlight had been the miso bowl and lasagne.

Service can be stretched at times and we had to ask to be moved because we were sat in the gangway and it was really distracting from our meal. Otherwise though, solid recommendation!

Pros: Pretty much everything is vegan

Cons: Always busy, reserve in advance!

philipadrian

Points +104

26 Mar 2023

Yes, please. And more.

This place is just a gem. Very creative and diverse menu. Bold flavors. Fun environment. Great location. And fairly fast service! Can’t wait to come back here some time.

Pros: Delicious bold flavors with suggested pairings , Adequately priced for the area, Creative menu, lots to explore and imagine

framtid

Points +1142

08 Mar 2023

✨🍺

one extra star for the amazing IPA they brew. food was good. service also great. nice restaurant really.

Jlin

Points +331

06 Feb 2023

Amazing vegan food

I have been here multiple times and love every meal I've ordered! Always good food, great staff, and great ambiance.

Pros: All vegan and all delicious

Cons: A little more pricy

EmilyPrice

Points +297

30 Jan 2023

Best vegan cauliflower in town

Get the vegan cauliflower and the nachos breakfast style. Excellent bloody Mary’s too. There have been a few things I haven’t lived here over the years though- the gf pizza was pretty bad. But the things they do well they do fabulously.

Pros: Best vg gf Buffalo cauliflower in LA , Lots of seating really good brunch spot , Easy paid parking

Cons: Hit or miss on a few menu items: ask server

ilikevegg

Points +341

15 Jan 2023

Yes!! The best hearty vegan food

Love all the dishes! Pizzas are so good.

RachDeschenes

Points +30

18 Oct 2022

My Omni friends love it!

Food and beer are excellent 👌 my Omni friends loved the buffalo cauliflower pizza and "tuna" wrap. I had the miso rainbow bowl and hoped I'd never get to the bottom- so good. Staff were incredibly warm and friendly and the atmosphere was equally comfy and inviting. It's a bit of a splurge for me, but definitely worth it once in a while.

IgorBuenoGurski

Points +200

Vegetarian
01 Oct 2022

Delicious food

We sat outside, the waiter was very helpful and friendly. Beer was very good and cold. The food was delicious. Nachos with breakfast option (scrambled tofu) was the best one I've had so far. The jackfruit crab cakes are a must to try.

Pros: Good beer, Appetizers

MarlonEspitia

Points +515

30 Sep 2022

Muy rico

El lugar es muy bonito, un poco costoso pero las porciones son grandes y los sabores muy buenos.

Pros: Variedad de opciones

Cons: Caro

TaminaN

Points +2854

04 Sep 2022

Great brunch place!

Really liked this place, lotsss to choose from and everything we ordered was great, especially the French toast (with ice cream on the side)!

halyse

Points +65

24 Jul 2022

Good spot to take non-vegans

This is my go to spot whenever I’m with someone who is not vegan but are willing to try vegan food. They have a large menu great drinks and lots of good flavors. It’s a nice hipster vibe conveniently located right down the street from Echo Park. It’s also a good place for a first date because it’s always very busy and public and after you finish your meal you can walk around Echo Park.

cleezyedmundo

Points +22

19 Jun 2022

OG Cauliflower

OG Buffalo cauliflower spot. Been in the Biz of Buffalo cauliflower for years. I reckon they pioneered the cauliflower game

@trying2bevegan

Points +424

03 Jun 2022

It’s alright

This place came highly recommended as my first time in LA. It left a lot to be desired. Staff great and the interior is modern and trendy. The cauliflower wings be dope. The banh mi was the best thing I had but the ravioli this time was crispy which isn’t what I’ve ever had before. The peach cobbler was good. We sampled ice cream but all tastes like coconut so I didn’t go past the sample. Y’all should try the mint chip tho it’s like eating raw leaves😁even the waiter agreed it was an acquired taste!

Pros: Lots of options, Great staff

Cons: Not the greatest food

Doctordeb

Points +217

20 May 2022

Healthy options at a restaurant!

There is a very large menu and so many choices at Sage. I was looking for something on the healthier side as we are on vacation and can’t indulge at every meal😄There are sides that include generous portions of steamed vegetables and bowls with yams, black beans and kale. You can get double grains or double greens for $4 more. The sauces come already on the side! The deserts look beautiful. We had gotten a banana muffin the day before which was quite good. I know I’m not like many vegans who love to eat out for delicious comfort food, but I think Sage would satisfy any diner. Healthier greens are just not as easy to find when you are away from your own home and I really felt satisfied with my meal.

Updated from previous review on 2022-05-20

Pros: Huge menu, many options, Option to get double grains or greens, Many sides if you don’t feel like a large meal

Nikki5239

Points +166

04 Apr 2022

Great spot with lots of variety

We loved this place.. it offered take and bake options, a variety of dissertation, and a wonderful dining experience.

michelle_lynne14

Points +1176

30 Mar 2022

Yum

I'm still dreaming about the GF Sweet Potato Pancakes I had here 2 weeks ago. Omg were they delicious! My husband has the jalapeño Cornbread Pancakes and absolutely loved them! We also shared an order of the pretzels (comes with 2) (which were delicious! )and they were very kind and gave us 1 regular and 1 gf for me. The gf was very very good! Can't wait for our next trip to CA!!!!

KianaJasmer

Points +50

14 Mar 2022

So good!

Had the cauliflower pizza and the breakfast bowl
So good!

VeggieMike

Points +128

14 Mar 2022

Best Pizza

The best vegan pizza I've had yet!
Buffalo Cauliflower 👍👍

kale_and_trail

Points +201

09 Mar 2022

Great food, great cocktails

A delicious place to try on my visit to LA. A friend and I shared the cauliflower wings sampler platter (all good), the kelp noodle salad (my personal favorite of the evening), and the Brazilian bowl (which wasn’t that exciting, but still yummy). It was a TON of food and we brought home a lot of leftovers. The kelp noodle salad was the real stand out for me. Perfectly dressed with a flavorful, dreamy almond butter dressing. We also got great cocktails. I had the spicy mezcal margarita, which was fantastic.

Updated from previous review on 2022-03-09

Pros: Good food/ good service , Nice atmosphere, huge portions (yay for leftovers)!

Cons: Expensive