Sage

Contact 361976528

Jalan Ryah Nyuh Bulan 1, Banjar Nyuh Kuning, Ubud, Bali, Indonesia, 80571

A vegan restaurant serving a variety of small plates, bowls, salads, main plates, desserts, and a selection of smoothies, juices, and mocktails. Located just south of Ubud's Monkey Forest. Reported no longer uses honey January 2017. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-9:30pm.

Category: Vegan, International, Take-out, Mexican

First Review by adoremus523

Fantastic flavorful vegan food! - Edit

I love everything about this place from the light airy feel of the interior to the comfy cushioned booths. The food was perfectly prepared and really tasty. Shared the burger and one of the daily specials (creamy sauce with tempeh and mushrooms). Lots of nice vegan desserts on offer! We chose chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream which did not disappoint. Everything SO good. Here's a tip: those vegan cookies at the register? Buy them.

Always awesome - Edit

One of my absolutely favourite restaurants in the Ubud area. I don't know what they do with their tofu but I love it and often order extra of it as a side. When they have time they offer home delivery to some locations in the area (call and ask). Wifi and English skills are not good - which is the case basically everywhere on Bali.

Pros: Their tofu dishes

Cons: Bad wifi

amazing! - Edit

This place is incredible. The food is the best I've had in Bali, the staff are extremely friendly, the cafe itself is beautiful and the price is very reasonable. A little bit out of the centre of Ubud but well worth the walk (or 5 minute taxi). Enjoy!

Pros: great customer service , delicious food , reasonable price

Beautiful location with great food - Edit

I personally really enjoyed the food and its the kind of place you visit and to try everything!

The tacos were really creative using jackfruit as the meat, and generally the staff were all friendly. I suggest you pick from the 'small plates' menu to get a taster of all the different dishes.

Pros: Tasty, Atmosphere, Value

Cons: Slightly Oily

Amazing food - Edit

Sage is a vegan restaurant out of the center of Ubud in a quite road close to the sout of the Monkey Forest .
It s a very nice place And the menù offers tasty dish .
The burger is amazing And also the jack fruit taco .
Their cakes are also very good .
The price are ok for what you get .
For sure a place to Go .

Nice Tacos, great space amazing dessert - Edit

Being Mexican and a foodie tacos are a tough deal to get me impresed. The corn crusted Tempeh Tacos where quite good. Room for improvement in their Mexican style chilly sauce, maybe even have 2 options.
The birthday Cake ice cream was dreamy!!
kind of a cookies and coconut cream mix topped with chocolat sauce)
Moktails and service where great too.
Prices are toward the high end type of restaurant but worth it

Excellent Vegan Mexican Food in Bali - Edit

I decided to try Sage as I love Mexican food and it was right next door to my hotel. I have to say the food was excellent (especially the Jackfruit main) and the general atmosphere is classy. My partner is a vegan chief so we are quite picky, and they have really done something good with the creativity of using Jack fruit and plantain etc. Highly recommended.

Pros: Fresh food, Nice place, Inexpensive

delicious food, sweet staff - Edit

I ate here a bunch of times during my stay because it was so close to my accommodations. everything I ordered was yummy, but I particularly love the jackfruit asada tacos and potato flautas! I appreciate that they use cloth napkins and not paper. away from the bustle of central Ubud, definitely recommended.

Return to Bali Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sage closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.