Sage Against The Machine

• Food-truck Food Truck
  • Vegan
  • ( 21 reviews )

Bellingham Area, Bellingham, Washington, USA, 98225

Completely vegan food truck with gluten free options. Offers a black bean burger with locally sourced gluten-free buns, burritos, tacos, chili, quinoa salad bowl and mac 'n cheese. Hours and locations vary and are published on the Facebook page. Open Wed 2:00pm-7:00pm, Thu 12:00pm-7:00pm, Fri 12:00pm-8:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-7:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-6:00pm.

Categories: Take-out

First Review by Maccabee

AubreyS

Points +62

01 Dec 2021

The food is great

I’ve had food from here many many times and it’s always good!

Mariacarroll

Points +20

30 Oct 2021

The best food truck ever!

The employees, owners and food are all amazing!
Never had anything we didn’t like! They are very knowledgeable and accommodating for gluten free orders.

Pros: Fresh, So many options, Gluten free friendly

MelanieForrey

Points +290

24 Jul 2021

Savage

We FINALLY made it to Bellingham from Big Timber (MT) and first on our list to try was Sage Against the Machine. It was dynamite 🧨! We took some sage (😏)advise and tried the SW Chipotle Veggie Wrap with soy curls. Wow! I’m quite certain I said that a dozen times while eating the first half, annoying anyone near me 😎, and am so glad I saved the second half to resume my delight tomorrow hehe. We also tried the potato salad (blew my mind- unique and smoky. It reminded me of the most incredible enchiladas I had once, only deconstructed), the teriyaki burger (that patty tho…🔥❤️ so good!, the teriyaki chick’n sandwich (one of my 12 year olds devoured this! Thankfully she let me try it before it disappeared, and it was perfection! Plus pineapple 🍍 makes everything better…), and a simple Mac no cheese (fussy 7 year old can’t be bothered with fuss 🙄 - she totally approved this pasta and even told someone in our party that they’d live longer if they ate her delicious noodles 🤦‍♀️😬🤷‍♀️…I mean, she’s not wrong…). Anyway, I am SO glad we had a chance to try SATM on our eating trip - they are not to be missed and are good people, my people. ❤️. Thanks for sharing this gem with us, Bellingham!

Pros: All vegan , Friendly crew , Delicious

Firefly1955

Points +72

16 Jun 2021

Excellent Vegan Chow!

Make sure you check Facebook for the truck's location! Had the Frank and Mac...very good! The pasta is nicely cooked, the sauce good. Al for the Gold sauce....yum! Broccoli slaw is good... could use a little more flavor but still delicious! If you are lucky, try one of their cupcakes...I tried the Churro with cream cheez frosting...yum!

HenryHibbeln

Points +35

01 May 2021

Just okay

Food is just okay. Maybe I just don’t get it but I don’t understand why anyone would go here with all the other amazing vegan options in Bellingham.

CecilBeee

Points +26

11 Apr 2021

Amazing

Every time we go here it’s spectacular. They remember us and are so great about making time to chat with regulars. The food is generously portioned, and beautiful!!! So many gluten free options, as well. I have celiac and have never been sick eating there.

We love this place ❤️

Pros: Great food, Portioned well, Presentation

veganyumyums

Points +242

21 Mar 2021

Yum!

Great place to eat. Ordered the Caesar Mac & it was amazing.

Robot2099

Points +43

03 Mar 2021

Great Food, Amazing People

I love Sage, the cilantro lime
Crunch wrap is a staple of my life. The owners are awesome, great people who are helping make the world a better place with delicious plant based grub, love it!!!

Pros: Everything is delicious

Veg4Jay

Points +2099

23 Jan 2021

Excellent Vegan Food W/ Great Service

Delicious Food, Reasonably Priced, Great Service

Pros: Many Delicious Vegan Choices, Great Service and Reasonably Priced, Clean and Pleasant Food Truck w/ Outdoor Seating

Plantsonlyplease

Points +76

05 Oct 2020

Amazing food, awesome folks!

Full vegan menu! They have plant based versions of burgers, nachos, Mac & Cheese, wraps, and more! Huge menu! They make their sauces from scratch. Everything is delicious! The people who run the food truck make everyone feel welcomed like friends and family.

Pros: Environmentally conscientious , Healthy & gluten free options , Service with a smile

SaraHulford

Points +24

26 Apr 2020

Gotta try it!

First time tried, finally! All plant based meals and damn tasty.

Pros: All vegan!, Lots of wraps, sandwiches, burgers, etc.., Punch card!

Cons: None.

mav2clu50

Points +27

12 Apr 2020

Incredible vegan food!

Amazing vegan food truck. Everything I have gotten has been incredible.

Pros: Lots of options, Delicious, Affordable

kellyva

Points +51

11 Mar 2020

Our Favorite Food Truck!

One of the best plant-based eateries in Bellingham. Excellent food and friendly owners.

HeatherJaynes

Points +177

22 Feb 2020

Delicious and filling.

I was so excited to come across this place on a recent visit to Bellingham at Gruff Brewing. The plant based banner out front was a nice touch, and the menus were placed at multiple seating areas inside the bar.

The menu is extensive and it was hard to decide what to choose. My partner opted for a cup of the red lentil chili, which was bowl size and quite tasty. At the time I decided I'd like to try to recreate that at home and am now kicking myself for not taking a picture, but thankfully there are many posted online. I really struggled to make a decision and asked the person in the truck for some assistance. I was happy to learn that only one menu item contained mushrooms which I am not a fan of. Eventually I narrowed it down to a Loaded Mac No Cheese and opted for the Reuben Mac No Cheese. I like this because it included my favorite Field Roast hot dogs and a ton of local sauerkraut. It also had some Carolina sauce on it which was something I was not familiar with, but really brought the meal together. This meal was huge and quite filling, and even better with a tasty beer beverage.

I like that they have a punch card available. Sounded like it was there first time at this location. Seems they travel around to different places, but have regular stops. I was happy to learn they'd be at another close by brewery the next day and seriously considered a stop off to try something else. If I lived in this area I would certainly follow this truck around. I'll definitely seek them out on my next trip to Bham.

Pros: Large Menu, Punch Card, Travels Around

swedash

Points +1094

20 Oct 2019

Great food, great people!

Very tasty plant based food that is reasonably priced given the fresh ingredients and quality! Nate and Tara are always so personable and fast in preparation and it is always a treat to get to go and eat their food.

Pros: Lots of options, Changing menu, Excellent quality

agb82

Points +149

08 Sep 2019

Good food, nice people

We have eaten at the food truck a couple of times, food is always great and service is fast. They are often at good local breweries too

Bekahblue

Points +91

17 May 2019

Awesome vegan food truck!

This is worth the trip! Friendly staff, amazing menu and delicious food! The chocolate peanut butter cookie was to die for. Will be back soon.

Pros: Lots of inexpensive vegan options

Guest

29 Mar 2019

Delicious!

Friendly and great service! Food was so good. I want to try everything on the menu. The peanut butter dark chocolate cookies were awesome!

ordinaryflower

Points +34

22 Mar 2019

So Fresh

Everything is always so fresh when I go there! I love their consistency- if you want a really filling deliciously health meal, visit their food truck, it’s worth it.

Pros: All plant based!!!

PNWveganmama

Points +40

25 Feb 2019

Good food

We ordered one of everything so we could try it all. It was all pretty good. We would definitely est here again.

Pros: Everything is vegan, gluten free options.

Maccabee

Points +111

22 Feb 2019

Amazing food!

We went to the Food truck round up in 2018 specifically to eat at this food truck! We all ordered different things so we could try it all. It was all amazing! Definitely going to eat here again whenever we are back in Bellingham!

Pros: All Vegan!, Cheeze Sauce!, Great people run the food truck!

Cons: It’s a food truck not always in the same spot

Return to Bellingham Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sage Against The Machine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.